The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#206017 - 07/22/10 08:05 PM Re: Beaches [Re: Anno]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anno,
That sounds wonderful. Have a fabulous time!

#206033 - 07/23/10 01:26 PM Re: Beaches [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I like the part about "lots of laughter!"

#206045 - 07/23/10 10:19 PM Re: Beaches [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Isn't that always one of the greatest parts of getting away? Actually, laughter is one of the greatest parts of life.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#206149 - 07/26/10 12:27 PM Re: Beaches [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

I am off for 4 days to the beach. See you later.

#206250 - 07/29/10 07:38 PM Re: Beaches [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Can't wait to hear how the trip went. Maybe even see some pictures...

Are you enjoying your summer or what? And just think, the fun goes on forever. You don't have to go back to school!

#206275 - 07/30/10 08:51 AM Re: Beaches [Re: Dotsie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes Anno..plenty to investigate.
I was at the Festival last weekend..a three day event nearby..It was even better than last year..highlight was seeing Rosanne Cash perform..her ancestors came from a mile from the venue..she was amazing.. the theme is ecology and there were lectures and exhibitions..authors holistic practicioners.
people bring children who seemed to thrive with all the attention to nature..I went twice and planned my route..
Next is my treat..the cottage by the shore..tomorrow..weather is set to be good..fingers crossed.with all the family..

and...a theatre visit a week wednesday...and the book festival soon after where the poet I respect and another is on my list..also a woman we met at the festival has a venue so will look her up..ladies..I am fully occupied.

#206276 - 07/30/10 08:56 AM Re: Beaches [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

a link if you are interested

www.bigtentfestival.co.uk

#206278 - 07/30/10 01:54 PM Re: Beaches [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anno Offline

Mountain, your life sounds like it is filled with a wonderful mix of pleasures.

The mini-vacation was nice. One day Dennis wanted to sit by the shore and play with his DS while JoAnn and I went for a hike to artists point. We didn't get very far, but instead parked our bottoms on a few rocks while we watched a guy make rock sculptures reminiscent of stonehenge.

It was great getting out of the house, away from chores calling and away from the daily grind of retirement. smile

Next up, a cruise during the week that the teachers here go back to work. Then I will really feel retired.

#206285 - 07/30/10 02:16 PM Re: Beaches [Re: Anno]
Mountain Ash Offline

Sounds wonderful Anno..and next week when others are returning will put a stamp on your life..your choice to live for another as well as yourself..
what I like is hearing about what other women are doing..one dear friend has become a Grandma..the pictures she sends daily are a joy..another is welcoming her son home from Oversea service today..he is a young man who has been in Peru helping others for a month and he is but 17..he awaits his exam results on Monday..his future is shining..his family missed him so much this first parting of their lives but yesterday they prepared for the party that will welcome him..he has been hungry homesick and much missed.but the joy today is evident..I took cards over and we are all so happy..other women I know are healing..one returning home an invalid..another has some hope of recover from serious cancer..and a special lady goes on holiday tomorrow the first alone having lost a husband..she is brave and coping but hurting..
my life is full...even when I dont go anywhere..

#206294 - 07/30/10 03:41 PM Re: Beaches [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anno Offline

It's still three weeks away, Mountain. We need some recovery time!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved