The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#205849 - 07/18/10 05:31 AM Stained Glass Window Art- Europe
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I wasn't sure where to put this topic..but this place seemed the best category. Some thoughts and photos on subject.

I'm sure BWS members in Europe have seen some terrific stuff. Your area might have something useful to share with all. Stained glass

#205850 - 07/18/10 06:06 AM Re: Stained Glass Window Art- Europe [Re: orchid]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Orchid, great story and wonderful photos! When we visited Ireland, we were awestruck by all the detailed stained glass in cathedrals. It's so amazing how much work and time all of that took to make, and how it has held up so well over the years.

Do you ever feel like putting your brief stained glass education to use, and make something now?

#205852 - 07/18/10 12:49 PM Re: Stained Glass Window Art- Europe [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I've always loved stained glass windows, since I was a very young child sitting at the back of a huge church. I couldn't see anything else except the windows, so would spend the hour studying whichever ones were closest to us.

I tried to take pictures of sgw everywhere we've traveled, but my camera (er, my photographical skills) don't do them justice. I did post some in my Facebook page.

I've long wanted to get into doing stained glass artwork myself, but we've never lived anywhere with space to set myself up. It's still something I hope to do...if we ever move, I'm insisting on some "studio space".

(Maya Angelou)

#205853 - 07/18/10 12:57 PM Re: Stained Glass Window Art- Europe [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

This is one of the few that turned out relatively ok...I took it in Prague.

(Maya Angelou)

#205854 - 07/18/10 03:07 PM Re: Stained Glass Window Art- Europe [Re: Eagle Heart]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Eagle, it's one of the same photos I have in my little automatic slideshow in the blog entry that I posted at the beginning of this thread.

from St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague.
Top part of the windown turned out abit clearer than mine. I do have some close-ups of several windows there...

Yes, there has to be the right working area to make stained glass. One of them is preferable a concrete, stone floor for shattered/broken glass/glass shards. So that one can sweep up the mess later. Have you taken a course, Eagle?

Given the long, long history of European stained glass art, they have magnificent stuff there.

#205861 - 07/18/10 06:33 PM Re: Stained Glass Window Art- Europe [Re: orchid]
Eagle Heart Offline

Orchid, your pictures are so much clearer than any I was able to take of stained glass windows. They're beautiful.

I never have taken any art courses. When I was working, I was too busy, working a lot of overtime and with various church/volunteer activities. And living in a tiny apartment on a limited budget put most courses out of my budget range.

Now that I have the time and money, I still don't have space, LOL. The house is comfortable enough for just the two of us, but as hard as we've tried to create an artistic nook, it just won't work yet. Maybe when we renovate the smallest spare bedroom next year...

(Maya Angelou)

#205862 - 07/18/10 06:41 PM Re: Stained Glass Window Art- Europe [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Beautiful!

#205863 - 07/18/10 07:45 PM Re: Stained Glass Window Art- Europe [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mountain Ash Offline

Edelweiss
my daughter will be in Munich to fly home this week.she is at present in Austria..being 2010 the Passion play at Oberammergau is the main venue..Have you seen the Passion experience..

#205898 - 07/20/10 12:12 AM Re: Stained Glass Window Art- Europe [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Gorgeous Orchid, I imagined I could almost hear the angels singing...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#205910 - 07/20/10 11:58 AM Re: Stained Glass Window Art- Europe [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
MA, no I haven't seen it. You have to reserve here at least 2-3 years ahead. I can't think further than 5 months, lol,...so I have never reserved tickets.
It's supposed to be quite moving.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved