The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#202797 - 04/28/10 10:35 PM Inconsiderate Kid!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just when you think your kids couldn't surprise you, they do! My son David who is having serious problems of his own dropped everything to rally round his old mom. I was surprised, emotional and will be forever grateful to him for putting my saddness above his own busy life. Shows me I may have actually done something right raising such a kind, and wonderful man. I feel blessed.

Have your own kids done something you never expected?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#202801 - 04/28/10 11:56 PM Re: Shocked!!! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
No, never. But I'm glad yours did!

#202803 - 04/29/10 12:33 AM Re: Shocked!!! [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Um, yes, but not always in a good way!! They do surprise me occasionally now with a card in the mail, or flowers.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#202813 - 04/29/10 01:21 PM Re: Shocked!!! [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, my kids have, and I believe their father has taught them well. They've also done very thoughtful things for Ross which touches my heart. All htree are very different so it's interesting to see how each reaches out in their own way.

My daughter is very thoughtful. Just last week a classmate of hers was in the hospital with pregnancy complications. She took her flowers from our garden. That night the gal lost her baby (five months along). My daughter got a sympathy card for her and also got a sympathy card for the class to sign. How sweet. It doesn't have to be for me. I just love seeing thoughtfulness in action.

#202823 - 04/29/10 01:40 PM Re: Shocked!!! [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Chatty...I am so happy that David "rallied 'round " you in your time of need...and why wouldn't he? it's obvious from all of your posts that he loves and relies on you alot...:)

Dotsie..you daughter sounds so sweet..I'm sure that her thoughtfulness went a very long way in helping her girlfriend feel better..she sounds like you.

My kids are very thoughtful...and they show their love for me in big and small ways often...I feel so lucky in that respect. Last week my oldest daughter Mandy sent me a big bouquet of spring flowers on the date of my deceased mother's Birthday...she knew I would be feeling blue that day and she just wanted to cheer me up...it did!!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#205155 - 06/29/10 03:15 AM Re: Shocked!!! [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie...your daughter got her thoughtfulness from you.

#205161 - 06/29/10 08:59 AM Re: Shocked!!! [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Quote:
Have your own kids done something you never expected?

That's a good question, Chatty. Our youngest son surprised us once with a paid trip to Spain.( That was his thank you for us taking care of his daughter for almost 2 years.) Our oldest son is the steady reliable one. He's there when we need him...no surprises. Actually, I am the one who loves to surprise others. Maybe that is more a girl thing. I don't know,...but I sure would love to be pleasantly surprised more often.

#205168 - 06/29/10 12:37 PM Re: Shocked!!! [Re: Edelweiss2]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My son took out the garbage, twice this month. Will wonders never cease?

#205178 - 06/29/10 01:54 PM Re: Shocked!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Not having any of my own children, I am reticent to reply to this, but....

If you asked your children to do something, would they? We come from experience and know what is needed to be done. If we simply asked for help, wouldn't most kids respond positively?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#205207 - 06/29/10 10:50 PM Re: Shocked!!! [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hate to mention this but after all I am the one who asked the question in the first place. Well, my loving son forgot my birthday. He remembered it today when he got a call from his step-daughter because she was angry he'd forgotten her birthday that was today. Thats when he remembered mine. I listened to all the reasons he'd forgotten and then instead of saying, "oh, thats alright," as I usually do when he makes a call such as this. This time I said, "okay pick a time and place and you can make it up to me." It got so quiet I thought he'd fainted. He said, well, okay om we wnat to come over anyway and see the new dog.

You see even though my son makes a very good salary he is tight fisted. Oh, he'll take the gifts given (and expected) but always seems to be cash poor when it's time to remember someone else. I am sick and tired of being on the other end on his excuses and it will not be permitted, and a phone call is not good enough either. It's not like he lives hundreds of miles away, he is 20 minutes away. He's an adult and he'd best start behaving like one... I bet he wouldn't forget his new piece of tails birthday or anything else. Don't know about you but it really makes me mad.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved