The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#216502 - 02/22/12 06:36 PM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: jabber]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
Since we're on the subject of bees, some of you might enjoy my little essay about my honey tasting experience. It's posted here: A Taste of Honey
I'm still enjoying the honey I bought on that adventure, and I'm looking forward
to going back.

#216508 - 02/22/12 09:39 PM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: Sandy N.]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Great post, Sandy. I left you a comment.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216513 - 02/23/12 02:49 PM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sandy,
Read "A Taste of Honey" write up. I generally have a jar of honey on hand. The latest jar I purchased is Aunt Sue's, A SueBee Product, Raw-Wild Natural and 100% Pure Strained Honey. Love it. Would like to do a honey tasting trek and a cheese tasting tour. Love both of these products.

#216525 - 02/24/12 05:56 AM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: jabber]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
Thank you, Anne and jabber, for your feedback. I like to eat local foods as much as is practical, and local honey is no exception.

#216527 - 02/24/12 07:18 PM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Both the honey tour and a cheese tasting tour sound so fun, Jabber. Where you live in upstate New York, there ought to be a lot of places you can do both. After all, Wisconsin-born gal that I am -- my husband claims a day does not go by that I do not serve him cheese in some form or another -- I know that you have a lot of good New York Cheddar produced in your state. Not to mention local wineries, if I recall correctly.

I think our local CVB's (Convention and Visitor's Bureaus) ought to consider better promoting these products. Get local B&B's to promote cheese tasting tours, honey tasting tours and etc.

In Wisconsin, they produce cheese, wine, cherries, cranberries. And of course there is the Nationa Mustard Museum -- featuring "Poupon U" wearables. This museum, if you haven't heard of it, is owned by a zany former lawyer, and just celebrated its 25th anniversary.

All good fun stuff for people to do on weekend visits to our respective states.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216529 - 02/24/12 07:29 PM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
There are lots of wine tasting places here. Problem is hubby and I don't consume alcohol. After few tastes, I'd have to be carried
out of the winery. Cheese on the other hand, I totally love but haven't taken the time to tour any factories around here. But one day, I will.

#216530 - 02/24/12 07:42 PM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Understood, Jabber. You and I can be totally happy without the wine. But wine tastings DO bring tourists to the wineries around here.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216533 - 02/25/12 03:31 PM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I'll bet! When WB and I go on vacations, we pass lots of vineyards but never stop. The truth is I'm much happier now then when hubby and I went out and downed a few pretty-colored mixes.

#216535 - 02/25/12 09:52 PM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Steve and I went out for an anniversary dinner (24 years) earlier this month, and on a whim I ordered a white wine spritzer with dinner instead of my usual iced tea.

The thing didn't even taste that good, and I never did manage to finish it. I've never been a big drinker, though I have nothing against it, morally or religiously. Just never got into it.

There have been a lot of alcoholics in Steve's family, so he guards against that by only having a drink on special occasions.

I agree with you: Both of us used to drink more when we were younger, and I don't think either of us miss it.But I'm not against drinking alcohol, and don;'t have any problems with those who do. I guess the way I see it, NOT drinking saves me a lot of calories I can spend on stuff I like a lot more!!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216537 - 02/25/12 11:56 PM Re: Any Beekeepers? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I'm not against it but the law has clamped down on drunk driving and a person could lose everything they've worked a lifetime to accumulate, so I guess the smart thing to do, is not overdo.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved