The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#205903 - 07/20/10 03:08 AM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
EW...I wasn't crying for me...I was crying for the happiness show in the video clip...shoot, I've been through this 3 times now with my kids...if it had been the first time I might be acting differently but I guess I'm numb to it all now and like Chatty says it perfectly: "I haven't given up exactly....will not have what amount I have left stolen from me by the sorrow caused by ungrateful kids and their bad behavior. I plan to go out laughing!!!
But, I thank you for the video...I posted it to my FB for others to see.
Mountain...you have such an optimistic outlook...I wish we could sit and have tea and talk...

#205907 - 07/20/10 08:28 AM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

I like many others in Christian society heard about Adam and Eve..not for one moment do I believe being Christian is the one path...I am but a small speck in the Big Picture..born in Scotland my identity is shaped by the place people and history.
Back to Adam and Eve.
I worked out little M.A. if that was so then we all were "family" if I hit another..it would be striking my clan..I loved those people around me and to strike out was alien.children at school may have pushed me at times..but know what ? if you dont expect to be pushed folks dont do so very often.(Law of attraction)long before that book my folks lived the talk..walked the walk.
we dont speak out about our beliefs...we live them.
Scottish people are reserved about serious matters..God is serious matter.
Next big thought for M.A.
Every one was a baby once...if we see the child in the man...then life is simpler..
Of course I have met people who are very different....Indeed I have experienced bullies of the narcisic veriety because people like that are puzzled by my presence.and through those people I have been tested..I remain as I am.
However I am strong and brave..and daily look for the child in the man (and woman)
Networking is benificial and even in virtual society the behaviour mirrors mainstream society..I note those who are kind and those who are mystified by the woman who can hold a bee..appear passive but can weather storms...and see the new babe..the wee boy..and wait for the prodigal man..

Drugs alter the mind so Chatty your boy is changed but inside the boy is there..live happy.. the story is not finished

#205957 - 07/21/10 12:52 AM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You could be right Mountain Ash. One never knows from one day to the next but things don't look good from here on either circumstance. I am still smiling though and trying to teach my Sassy to swim in a kiddy pool.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#205975 - 07/21/10 01:39 PM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
My son is starting to mature, after raising 3 daughters. He
is realizing mom tried to guide him in the right direction.
When his father and my marriage broke up, junior was 13 years old; and nobody won in that situation. His dad and my and junior's relationships are only now starting to level off. Junior knows I love him. Sometimes it takes a lot of living, to
get thoughts lined up with reality. "The Maker" will straighten
everybody out someday! IMO!

#205986 - 07/21/10 07:33 PM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: jabber]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
glad to hear jabber about "junior"'s appreciation now. smile

#205997 - 07/22/10 08:22 AM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Jabber, I’m glad to read about how your son is maturing now. How old is he?

I’m beginning to get regular dreams about moving away, and even opening a coffee shop! Hahaha…I think this is a sign that I’m yearning for a new life. Last night I dreamt that the coffee shop was situated right on the ocean front. Huge waves started to roll in, increasing in size. I ran upstairs, (apparently we lived over the shop) and got some blankets from our beds. I hung them over the terrace railing to stop the waves. I know,…my brain goes out to lunch, even in my dreams. Well, I didn’t wake up then either. The wave came, and forced me to belly land and glide over the terrace into the restaurant between the three tables we had. I woke up from the blue collared men, sitting at the tables laughing their heads off.

Oh man,…hope there aren’t any physiatrists among you….I don’t want to know if I’ve gone off my rocker. shocked cry laugh

#205998 - 07/22/10 09:48 AM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mountain Ash Offline

T.A. Training advises that we keep a dream diary..I believe dreams are personal to the dreamer...and whatever Ocean...blankets mean to you will differ to what ocean..blankets mean to me ..
Dream are ahead of us...and if you can train yourself to finsh the dream in a soft and gentle way between sleeping and being awake you can nurse yourself into a calm place..
I have no worries for you..you are the Captain of your ship...

#205999 - 07/22/10 10:27 AM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Mountain Ash, you made me laugh. Thank you.

#206000 - 07/22/10 12:02 PM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: Edelweiss2]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
The coffee shop = a want/need/desire to start over and live your "secret" dream
Blankets = like trying to stick your finger in a dike to stop the floods...you need to THINK BIG...not small.
The waves = obstacles that ARE in your path NOW and keep you from living your dream (you see them this way)
The laughing men = your fear of naysayers who said, "You can't do it" and of being laughed at, the ultimate hurt.

Just another "take" on it all. Now...I believe YOU can do anything you set your mind to. You are soooo dynamic!

#206003 - 07/22/10 01:46 PM Re: Inconsiderate Kid!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I love analyzing dreams, and JJ, you said pretty close to what I would say. The only other thing I would mention is that your glide on the waves downstairs was safe and you WILL survive, even if others don't agree with what you're doing.

Another thing interesting: there were exactly 3 tables. Who are the 3 "tables" in your life that will try to block your path or will not believe you can do it?

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved