The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#20523 - 02/25/06 01:52 AM Re: Menopause or Mental Illness
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
quote:

But I have a new question for any of you. Do you know or have you ever heard of sexual desires INCREASING during peri-menopause or menopause itself? I'm trying to do some research and I really feel like you ladies are more honest and open.

Absolutely. Women produce testosterone as well as estrogen. When the estrogen starts to taper off the testosterone often is felt more strongly thus an increased libido. The down side is that eventually the ovaries also slack off on the production od the testosterone as well. So if your libido goes through the roof for awhile and then slacks off you can get a prescription for a vaginal cream that has testosterone in it to bring that level back up.

Here's a good article on testoserone and a woman's libido.

http://www.usdoctor.com/testtwo.htm

[ February 24, 2006, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: ChristinaR ]

#20524 - 02/27/06 05:19 AM Re: Menopause or Mental Illness
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My increasing sexual desires have to do with the kids being out of the house more often. Enough of the sneaky love making. Come on empty nest. Anyone else find this true? And I'm perimenopausal for what that's worth.

I'll never forget the first year our oldest son was away at school and the other two were out on a Friday night. Hubby and I were all excited to have the house to ourselves...when all of the sudden there was a knock at the door. One of the college kids was home for the weekend and stopped by to say hi.

I swear, this house is like grand central.

[ February 26, 2006, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#20525 - 02/28/06 08:08 AM Re: Menopause or Mental Illness
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I'm with you Dots. My kids were in the mountains this wk.end...we had the house to ourselves...we were swinging from the chandelere...I kept hearing noises. Ughhhh.

For me, being more ahem, active, is also a result of having become the woman I was suposed to be at 40. My best years lay ahead!

No more babies helps too!

danita

#20526 - 02/28/06 05:39 AM Re: Menopause or Mental Illness
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to ask this question here rather than cover this thread....do any of you talk to yourselves. I mean carry on a conversations before you realize you're doing it? Never did it when younger but oh boy, I do it now... Wouldn't mind so much but when arguing with myself, I keep losing the argument.. [Confused]

[ February 28, 2006, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved