The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 181 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#204493 - 06/09/10 03:19 PM Starting over
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
I'm so excited! I just moved into my new apartment! This is the first time I've ever been on my own, as I went straight from my parents to my husband, so this is exciting and scary at the same time. My daughter has moved to North Carolina, with her husband, who's in the army and stationed at Ft. Bragg. She's been with me since I lost my husband in 2004, so, as you can imagine, I miss her a lot. It's very quiet without her, but I'm adjusting and learning to enjoy the peace and quiet of being on my own. As a writer, I can appreciate it, and indeed need it for my work. Anyway, you Boomer Gals were my first online friends and I wanted to share this new start with you. Thanks for always being there.

Alanna aka Copygal

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#204494 - 06/09/10 03:22 PM Re: Starting over [Re: copygal]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Copygal, I'm so glad to see you back here. Your presence is always delightful. You go girl on the apartment and your soloNESS. I think you'll find that living alone has its rewards, too.

Changes can be scary, but you are smart to look at all the good things. There are aplenty, as my granny used to say.

Welcome back, and enjoy your new home!

#204497 - 06/09/10 08:52 PM Re: Starting over [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Congratulations on the move, copygal. I like change, even though it can be difficult, it's fun to explore new territories.

What are you writing these days?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#204498 - 06/09/10 09:18 PM Re: Starting over [Re: Anno]
copygal Offline

Hey Gals,
I'm sure I'll get the hang of this soloness, it's just all new and different. I was married a long time and got used to having my family under my feet 24/7. Now, it's all my space, shared with no one and it feels weird. Did my first grocery shopping just for me recently. I don't have to please anyone but myself-yay!

As for writing, right now I'm trying to bring in more work, to support myself. Besides article writing through a couple of online sites, I'm promoting my book-sold several copies, but I'd like to sell lots more, of course. I'm also letting people know that I'm available to do editing/proofreading. A bit more income will allow me the freedom to work on another personal project I have in mind, to be revealed soon.

Thanks for the encouragement Ladies!
Alanna aka Copygal

#204509 - 06/10/10 06:54 AM Re: Starting over [Re: copygal]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
copygal, welcome back. Sounds like you are excited and happy about your new independence. That's wonderful. I believe happiness reaps happiness, and I'm sure more will come your way!

I wish you lots of luck with your book. I can imagine this is a topic that will help so many.

I have a few questions: I saw that you are with Lulu. Are you satisfied with their services? Do you wish you self published instead? What were your reasons for choosing Lulu?

If you prefer to PM me on this, that's fine. I'm toying with the idea of self publishing, and am just at the start of gathering information and comparing the alternatives.

#204525 - 06/10/10 07:58 PM Re: Starting over [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Copygal, thanks so much for sharing your new adventure with us. I remember when I was on my own, alone for the very first time. I like you felt mixed emotions but oh wow, living alone is the greatest in so many ways. It did eons for my writing. I could come and go as I pleased, eat, sleep, soak in a tub, nap, write or read a good book whenever I chose to. I could also stay in my jammies all day and do nothing at all if that was my wish. Needless to say, you are going to love it... Oh almost forgot, with me there has to be something to talk to and hug so I have to have a small dog or cat to keep me company. If you look left in the margin of pictures, that Chihuahua is Sassy Girl my new friend and baby to love...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204545 - 06/11/10 02:33 PM Re: Starting over [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
copygal, congrats on your total independence. You sound rather content. Hope you find lots of purposeful ways spend your time alone.

How are you staying in touch with your daughter? Do you Skype?

#204625 - 06/12/10 09:53 PM Re: Starting over [Re: Dotsie]
copygal Offline

Hi Dotsie,
Thanks, I am content, though a little more work would be nice. I meet with my friends Monday & Wednesday for our crochet/knitting club and I'm a member of a church-based charity group, where we crochet/knit for those in need. And I have a couple of writer friends I hang out with now & then. And of course, I have you gals here at the Boomer site to chat with too. I'm blessed with wonderful friends.

My daughter & I talk on the phone, PM each other on facebook & she sends me a text each night, saying she loves me and goodnight. I miss her chatty ways, but we're both doing well in our separate lives.

Thanks for asking,
Alanna aka Copygal

#204653 - 06/13/10 09:08 PM Re: Starting over [Re: copygal]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Everything takes time, re adjustments aren't easy but can be rewarding when both you and she are happy in your own skins and have an active life each her own. I tried following you on your blog WIDOWHOOD IS NOT FUNNY but couldn't figure out how to.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204659 - 06/13/10 10:47 PM Re: Starting over [Re: chatty lady]
copygal Offline

Chatty,
Just went to blogspot to find out why you couldn't follow my blog. Long story short (I hope), because I started my blog several years ago, I have a classic template, rather than the newer layout with the option of the "follow" button. For now, you can sign on as a follower through the dashboard reading list. When I have some time, I may look at updating and going with the newer layout and add that darn little button. LOL! Hope this helps.
Alanna aka Copygal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved