The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#204450 - 06/08/10 08:14 PM Photo help please
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have all my photos in photobucket. I want to post certain pix to BWS, but when I do so, all 600 photos in the album are clickable. I don't want that. Anyone know how to post one photo from photobucket at a time?

Thanks for your help. I've spent way too much time on this. I know there was a time when this could be done.

#204451 - 06/08/10 08:18 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Georgia, I tried right clicking and that didn't work either.

#204452 - 06/08/10 08:21 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

still trying and it seems impossible

Edited by Dotsie (06/08/10 08:21 PM)

#205064 - 06/27/10 12:37 AM Re: Photo help please [Re: Dotsie]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Got me! I can't get it to work either.

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (06/27/10 12:39 AM)

#205065 - 06/27/10 12:43 AM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

and now I'll probably go nuts til I figure it out. !!!!!!

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (06/27/10 12:44 AM)

#205106 - 06/28/10 10:49 AM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

What section are you trying to post in?

#205114 - 06/28/10 12:08 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: Dotsie]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Ummmm..........I think I tried posting in photo gallery? I think I tried in a couple of places. couldn't get it to work anywhere. Have you figured it out yet?

#205127 - 06/28/10 02:59 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Your picture must reside on the Internet somewhere to be able to capture the URL (or web address) to post it ANYWHERE in the forums. Here are the instructions (which I have also re-posted in the forums today) that tells how to post a pic in the "photo gallery" and also how to post one within a post itself. To post one in your profile, see the last set of instructions.

POSTING IMAGES in the PHOTO GALLERY:
1. Click on PHOTO GALLERY
2. Click NEW IMAGE
3. Type in a SUBJECT
4. Click IMAGE MANAGER
5. Click BROWSE and select the image from the folder/location on your computer for the image you want to post
6. Click DONE
7. Click SUBMIT
8. Add comments if you’d like
This will create the initial post of a new thread. It may take a few to show up.

INSERTING IMAGES WITHIN ANY FORUM POST – for inserting images, you must use a “Full Reply Screen”:
1. Store the image you wish to post on an offsite photo sharing website, such as Photobucket.com (you will have to have an account – a free account is offered).
2. Once the image is stored, you will see HTML code strings provided for the image – Photobucket provides four – it will look like this: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/XXX/XXXX/XXXXXXXX.jpg (the Xs represent info relative to your particular account).
3. Copy the image code to your clipboard - right click & copy. (With Photobucket, mouse over the “Direct Link” coding and it will automatically copy to your clipboard.)
4. Go to the BWS forum post in which you want to insert the image and click on the “INSERT AN IMAGE” icon (4th from the left).
5. From the menu that opens, select one of the four float locations and click.
6. When the URL info box opens, right click and paste the image info from your clipboard.
7. Click OK, then preview post to see if the steps worked

TO POST A PHOTO IN YOUR PROFILE:

1. The photo must reside on the Internet. You cannot post a picture that resides on your computer unless it has been UPLOADED to the Internet and has an Internet address.
2. To do so, go to your profile and then scroll down to just below your signature line where you can put in an avatar (pic).
3. Select "URL TO YOUR AVATAR." Then put the address of the picture online in the blank box.
4. Remember...the picture can only be AT THE MOST, 80 x 80 pixels and must be an .JPG, GIF, or PNG.
5. Click Submit

Let me know if I can help in any other way!

#205130 - 06/28/10 07:56 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

JJ...your knowledge in this is amazing...

#205135 - 06/28/10 10:23 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well it's a good thing because my brain is packed and there is no more room in there. For nutin...LOL!

#205151 - 06/29/10 02:50 AM Re: Photo help please [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

LOLOLOL

#205166 - 06/29/10 12:17 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: jawjaw]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Hey JJ -- I appreciate your time and trouble to type all that out and I copied and printed it.

I've posted pics here before and not had any trouble but for some reason, even with your instructions right here at my side, it's still not working. When I try to put a pic in the photo gallery it goes thru all the motions and then I get a message that all required fields are not filled in. but they are. So huh?

Not working when I try to post pics in other forums either.

It's probably something I'm doing wrong or not doing and I'll figure it out eventually, I'm getting annoyed because it worked before!! And your insturctions are exactly what I did before when it worked, so why isn' tit working now? It's kinda frustrating but I'll get it.............eventually.

Thanks for your help though!

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (06/29/10 12:29 PM)

#205167 - 06/29/10 12:23 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

When I try to post pics in other forums (not photo gallery) all the comes up is the html code........not the pic. I used to see the pic immediately.

I'm able to share from my photobucket acct to Facebook with no problem. Haven't tried sharing to any other websites other than here and Facebook so I don't know if the problem is here, or just me..........probably just me.

Wondering if Dotsie's having any better luck than I am??

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (06/29/10 12:23 PM)

#205173 - 06/29/10 01:12 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Sometimes when you post pic's with a URL from other places, especially Photobucket, you've copied a link that already has BRACKETS around it. i.e., [ ] with img or /img in them. If you have duplicates AND YOU WILL if you try and post it here, you get the URL only. Look and see if you have duplicates like like:

[img] or [/img] and if you do, take one of them out.

#205180 - 06/29/10 02:03 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: jawjaw]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

AHA!!!!!!

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (06/29/10 02:03 PM)

#205181 - 06/29/10 02:06 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: jawjaw]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

That was it!!
Thank you so much!! I can quit trying to figure this out and go back to my life now!!

I always have a hard time giving up on this stuff especially when it means.........now I have no excuse not to clean the house today.........

#205182 - 06/29/10 02:14 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Well, thought I had it figured out, but I'm still having problems in photo gallery. It says it loads the images, but when I click on done and submit, there's nothing there and I get the error message. Wierd.

#205234 - 06/30/10 11:16 AM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Now I'm confused...but it could be you were trying while the site was being migrated to another server. Please try again and that dog is precious!

#205235 - 06/30/10 11:30 AM Re: Photo help please [Re: jawjaw]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

I don't know. I tried again last night -- same thing -- when I try to put a pic on photo gallery -- it says the file is loaded, everything looks good til I hit submit -- and then I get the message that all required fields are not filled in. I don't get it.....I tried one time loading 3 pics and they all loaded. I filled out the subject line. I'll keep trying til I get it! I know it's probably some simple thing -- it usually is.

Thanks for the precious dog comment -- that's my Brandy -- I had posted a pic of her several months back -- the cute beagle with the hat on, if you remember. Same dog, different photo. She was posing on one of the t-shirt quilts I'd made for a friend.

#205236 - 06/30/10 11:47 AM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Don't forget to clear your cache periodically. That does help sometimes. You're right though, it is something simple. I haven't posted a pic in the sidebar in a long time because I found it to be too much of a hassle. It would work some days, others...not so much.

I found that posting them inside a message (like the one above) was much easier. The only problem with that is you have to have the photo residing on the net somewhere. It can't be hosted on your computer. But OHHHHHHHHH...is it easier! I would suggest if you do this method though, you might want to resize the pic first.

I remember Brandy and yes, the hat. Such a doll, that girl!

#205238 - 06/30/10 11:56 AM Re: Photo help please [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Okay...I think I see what's happening.

I posted that pic of the dog so that I could do a test drive. After you've completed putting in the pic, and hit submit, you're done. It's finished. The photo will NOT show in the preview and so I think that is what was throwing you off.

If you tried to go BELOW THAT TO THE NEXT SCREEN...and clicked on any of the buttons there, you would have gotten that all of the "stuff" wasn't filled out. THAT SCREEN has nothing to do with the photo you posted (which is above that screen) because that is finished.

The second screen I'm referring to is to add another post. A quick reply, I think it says. Ignore that. You're done already.

#205244 - 06/30/10 12:39 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: jawjaw]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Ummm.......thanks for the help, but I don't think that's it. I get the error message that all the fields are not filled out when I click submit. I will try again later though and see, right now I've got one foot out the door, headed to the gym for a class that starts in 20 minutes.

Ok being me I couldn't wait til later so I gave it a quick shot. I still get the error message, WHEN I click submit. It says all the required fields are not filled out -- even though it tells me the pic is loaded, after which I click on done loading files, and it looks like it's going to work.......til I click submit and then I get the error message. I used to have no problem doing this, and don't understand why it doesn't work anymore. It's getting kinda frustrating!!

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (06/30/10 12:46 PM)

#205246 - 06/30/10 12:57 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

If you'd like, I would be happy to call you and we could walk thru it together. I think I know the prob, but I'm not telling it very well. I believe you are putting an extra step in there that isn't necessary.

Your call (no pun intended)

#205252 - 06/30/10 01:19 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Once you get it figured out, it's easy. There do seem to be quite a few steps to the whole process. If I can do it, you can do it. smile

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#205333 - 07/01/10 06:40 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: Anno]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

I finally got it. Posted a couple of new pics today, and now it's working. Turned out I was actually leaving out a step -- it seems that if you don't put any kind of description in the box, it doesn't work. I guess I thought the subject would be enough. Also it only seems to work when I hit preview first, instead of just going right to submit. Whatever, I don't care, as long as I know how to do it!! I hate not being able to figure something out!! I've made notes on my printed instructions so I'll remember for the next time. Thanks again to all who tried to help!!

#205340 - 07/01/10 10:02 PM Re: Photo help please [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Your photos are great, Crosstitch! Good job!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved