The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#204218 - 06/04/10 12:49 AM Housekeeper of perfection
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
You may know her. She is neurotic about her house. Cannot leave a crumb on the counter; cannot allow a water spot to stay on a faucet; cannot relax when she has company; jumps up and must have everything perfect.

Once everyone leaves, she re-tidies and everything is back to normal in a few moments.

What if this person is your best friend and whom you love dearly from many, many years ago...how do you handle her??

#204224 - 06/04/10 02:36 AM Re: Housekeeper of perfection [Re: Di]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I wish I knew; you just described my mother!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#204235 - 06/04/10 07:39 AM Re: Housekeeper of perfection [Re: yonuh]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I think I would invite her over to my place, or meet in a cafe'. Frankly that would drive me crazy, if someone was always cleaning up after me.

Hubby and I were once invited to a couples house, who we play golf with. Between the different courses, she took out the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed under our feet! She joked about it the whole time, but it was awful. We never invited them back; too stressfull.

#204237 - 06/04/10 07:48 AM Re: Housekeeper of perfection [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Only invite her to your home and never go to hers...That way you relieve your stress and her space doesn't get mussed.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204242 - 06/04/10 08:11 AM Re: Housekeeper of perfection [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Two of my aunts were housekeepers of perfection...Maybe there was an unspoken competition..shining polished wood..windows and clinicly clean kitchens..
I saw both homes be broken up...after they died..furniture unwanted by cousins who had to live with the fussy mothers..

a home is just that...a place to feel comforable in..a place to go forth and engage with the worth with..

on relection these aunts were probably undiagnosed hyperthyroid due to others having diagnosed thyroid issues.
Our worth is not in how clean a home is but what goes on inside that home.

However a certain standard is advisable for comfort and hygiene in the particular rooms used for bathing and cooking..

EW the vacumning..how bizarre..

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved