The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#203136 - 05/05/10 11:20 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome DrSuz to our cyber family. Read your blog, very interesting and informative.

Anne, I too hate to eat out on Mothers Day. I sent my mother some sweet treats that will arrive the day before, she is 3000 miles away from me.

I haven't seen one son for going on 16 years so thats always amplified at this time. I just have to wait to see whether my eldest son shows up or calls or whatever he may do now that he has a new girlfriend. I call Mothers Day a crap shot, Vegas terminology! This is my first year in over a dozen with Reeta and Rosee gone that I may be completely alone.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203147 - 05/06/10 12:51 AM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
With my honey gone, and both sons at opposite ends of the country, I'll be alone, too. My boys usually call me, or I call my daughters-in-law to thank them for being such great mothers to my grandchildren. I don't think I've ever gone out to eat on Mother's Day, or any other holiday for that matter - too many people.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#203151 - 05/06/10 04:34 AM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: yonuh]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Charleen, I addressed this on another thread..but my son's new girlfriend is keeping him away from me this year...I thought I liked her...but now I'm not so sure...I think she may be testing him...I never make a big deal about Holidays..the kids are free to do whatever and be wherever they want to be(although I am thrilled when they are home )...but Mother's Day...I like them with me...I don't think it's too much to ask for one day out of the whole year...

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203156 - 05/06/10 08:20 AM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Oh boy, I remember those disappointed feelings when my sons little by little went their own ways. It was hard and it hurt. But believe me, the best way to keep them is not to be clingy. You are doing the right thing by not showing your hurt.
Once your son marries, you will see...he'll come around again,...alot.
Still, enjoy your mother's day. Do something special for yourself.:-)

#203166 - 05/06/10 03:02 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: Edelweiss2]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Edelweiss, I feel so guilty feeling upset like this...but it's Mother's Day for goodness sake..she could have chosen any weekend..I feel like she is putting him to the test..."Your Mother or Me"...it's hurtful because he works so hard that I rarely see him anyway...he's a good boy...calls me a couple of times a week...and I want to love this girl...I'm just so sad this week...:(

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203615 - 05/17/10 08:51 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: AvalonBlondi]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I hope that you are feeling better now, girl? Sometimes things just get to be too much..

sending hugs your way..

#203622 - 05/17/10 10:50 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: humlan]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Feeling better Humlan and have forgotten the hurt...I just needed to vent..as usual you girls were here to listen ...

Thanks so much for asking...xoxox

#204727 - 06/16/10 08:17 AM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Avalon Blondie, unfortunately we can't pick the mates or friends for our kids. MY sons new friend is certainly not someone I'd have picked. Thank Gode she isn't into visiting or I'd probably have bitten my tongue off by now... Hows your situation going these days?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved