The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#20326 - 10/31/05 08:41 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Yepthatsme,
You might try fast walking in the morning and slow strolling at night. I was a lifetime walker until lately and subscribed to several walking magazines.
Most authorities agreed that fast walking stimulates metabolism which can keep you awake if done at night whereas a slow stroll can be relaxing.
Fast walking in the morning gave me energy for the whole day and kind of organized my mind, but it kept me awake or awakened me if I did it at night whereas slow strolling relaxed me and I would be tired enough to sleep.
Might be worth a try.
smile

#20327 - 10/30/05 11:10 PM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Thanks...I'll give that a try!

#20328 - 10/31/05 12:11 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hi smile, sooo nice to see you here. You've been busy? The walking thing...I am afraid of Dogs. I tried the mall but spent to much money (window shopping). Slept from 9:30 am til 11:00 today. Up all night..zzzzz
chick

#20329 - 10/31/05 04:52 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A good strong cup of chamomille tea helps me relax and sleep at night and the stroll thing via Smile is also great. Another thing is drink the tea while relaxing in a lavendar filled warm (not hot) tub.... Yawn, oh my I'm making myself sleepy!!! [Embarrassed]

#20330 - 10/31/05 05:52 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
yepthatsme2 Offline

Tried walking in the mall the other night...it was going real well, sliding in and out of people steady pacing with no mishaps. Problem is like chick, I was looking in all the store windows, thinking gee look at that, I need that to go with... Haven't been there in awhile, they have alot of new stores, and so many fabulous smells. My nose works much better since I stopped smoking. [Big Grin]

Barely made it past the window with all the pizza's lined up..cheese just dripping off the sides pepperoni, sausage oh... the smell was like something sent straight from heaven.

Worst part is, we parked on the side of the mall that leads out right past Wendy's...can you resist the Frosty's? I think not...

I cannot afford to be walking in the mall. To many distractions. [Razz]

#20331 - 10/31/05 05:55 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
yepthatsme2 Offline

By the way.... Chatty did you ever have any symptoms of menopause? Just curious....

#20332 - 10/31/05 06:47 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
.Gone to the mall.... [Roll Eyes]

Dotsie are you on the birth control pill for menopause? or another kind of pill? Oh, and you can call me anytime. [Big Grin]

chick

[ October 31, 2005, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#20333 - 10/31/05 06:54 PM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have to laugh at mall walking. The only time I've done it was in the middle of winter before the stores opened. Otherwise, I could have been distracted and spent too much money!

Chick, I explained my perimenopausal symptoms to my gyn and she put me on a low dose of the pill, Yasmin. I was only onthe pill for a period of two months in my life, so I hope I'm not hurting myself by taking it now for a few years.

#20334 - 10/31/05 09:06 PM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I have been going thru menopause for about 15 years, at all different stages. Now, I'm at the REAL hot flashes, and I hate it. I can't take anything because of the breast cancer. I'm making an appt. to see a holistic doc to see if she can help with some "natural stuff." One thing I have noticed is just before I start to have a hot flash, I get kinda panicky, and my stomach gets flusters. Anyone have that symptom? I guess my brain is telling me, "Here it comes, and you're not going to like it."
I would just love to be able to wear a turtle neck sweater just one time!
Any kind of sweater without being HOT!
Lynne

#20335 - 10/31/05 09:14 PM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
yepthatsme2 Offline

All of this hardly seems fair...do men have babies? No. Do men have PMS? NO. Do men have menopause? NO.

Fifteen years..that should be against the law.
Longest I have read about was 10 ten years.
Pleaseee...tell me that was a typo.

One day at a time...could take a while.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved