The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#202767 - 04/28/10 01:24 AM Sweet Potato Squares
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
SCRUMPTOUS SWEET POTATO SQUARES

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup all purpose flower
1/4 cup, plus 2/3 cups confectioners sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans
7 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 8 ounce package fat-free cream cheese
1 8 ounce container fat-free, frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
2 15 ounce cans sweet potatoes, drained, ((or)) 2 cups fresh sweet potatoes, cooked and cut into chunks
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350*F.
In a large bowl combine flour, confectioners sugar, pecans and butter or margarine. Mix well.
Press mixture into bottom if a 13-x9-x2-inch pan. Bake 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.

In mixing bowl mix cream cheese and 2/3 cups confectioners sugar until creamy.
Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping.
Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
In mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes , sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.
Spread over cream cheese mixture.
Smooth on remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate to serve cold...

I wish you could see this, it is a wonderful looking dessert and tastes good too.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203004 - 05/03/10 11:48 PM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

If no one is interested in recipes anymore, I will stop posting them. This is a 'recipe' section correct?

#203016 - 05/04/10 02:02 AM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Does it bother you that sometimes there's no response to a recipe, chatty?

Let us continue to make choices of how to respond. It is the risk always...when posting any topic on an Internet forum.

We still like you anyway. smile

By the way, I actually haven't baked any dessert for past 8 yrs. except for my dessert (grape) focaccia. But he bakes...which he makes stuff alot out of his head.

Please do not take my comments personally, chatty.

#203017 - 05/04/10 02:13 AM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm not sure why you would say that Chatty. You're a veteran here. You know that sometimes people respond, sometimes they don't. I would say that plenty of interest has been shown to recipes that have been posted (over time) and if it feels good to post them, then continue on...if not, then don't.

But I would want others to think if they don't respond, they've done something wrong. You know?

I for one love your recipes and usually cut and paste them into a Word doc and then print them out for safe keeping. So see? Unbeknown to you, they are being used.

#203041 - 05/04/10 07:01 PM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

SORRY everyone. I was having a bad day and took the time to post my newest recipe anyway and then not one response. My emotions are right on the edge of my sleeve right now and it makes for my being thinned skinned and too sensitive. THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!

Of course I will continue posting recipes and apologize again.

Orchid you are so fortunate to have a companion that is good in the kitchen. Sometimes it is so fantastic to just sit back and let someone else do the cooking. I just found a newly opened Chinese/Thai restaurant near my home that offers countless dishes and at a very reasonable price for very large portions.
I have been ordering delivery for a week now. I may never cook again! LOL!!!

#203047 - 05/04/10 08:25 PM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, we all understand, believe me. I wish you lived next door so I could go over and borrow a cup of sugar just to see what's cookin'!

So no worries, as our Dee says. You just keep right on posting. You've had a lot to deal with here lately.

Now...where did I put that Oreo...

#203063 - 05/04/10 11:09 PM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: jawjaw]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I'm with you JJ...I too wish Chatty lived right next door...of course if that were the case I would probably weigh 300 lbs...because I would definitely want to be her taste tester..:)

Chatty, I have deliberately stayed out of the recipes thread since I began my diet last month...too many temptations there...especially from you..:)

By the way...my kids are meeting us down the shore this weekend for Mother's Day..and my son asked me if I could make "Chatty's Ham Salad"....how could I say "no" !!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203081 - 05/05/10 10:43 AM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

That is so cool Nancy and I am so pleased and proud they like it so much. When I use to make it for home and my ex took it to work he said everyone asked, what he was eating? He gave small tastes and before I knew it I was making pints and quarts for his fellow workers to buy. You just can't buy good ham salad here in vegas for some reason.

I would be thrilled to live near you or JJ or Dee or Jabber or so many others here and would be happy to cook for you. By the way has anyone heard from Dee lately?????

#203111 - 05/05/10 08:56 PM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How cool would it be if we all lived in the same neighborhood? We could walk, talk, share books, magazines, recipes, food, and so on.

#203112 - 05/05/10 08:56 PM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, I've seen Dee on Facebook. She's alive and kickin'.

#203119 - 05/05/10 09:26 PM Re: Sweet Potato Squares [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I guess for now we'll all have to be content with our virtual neighborhood on BWS...:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved