The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#202743 - 04/27/10 05:14 PM Re: For yonuh [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
yonuh, I've come ot this late, but realize your honey is still away. There's lots of wisdom offered here, as usual. Just wondering how you're doing today...

Do the two of you Skype? http://www.skype.com/

I have friends and relatives who have loved ones who travel, live afar, or are in long distance relationships. They rave about it.

#202744 - 04/27/10 05:16 PM Re: For yonuh [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Also, do you text? It really is a great way to stay in touch with family and friends who live out of town or travel. I just love it. It's an easy way to drop in on someone without being too obtrusive. Ross, the kids and I often text for all kinds of reasons. Just anohter thought. It makes the distance seem so much shorter.

#202753 - 04/27/10 07:22 PM Re: For yonuh [Re: Dotsie]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Dotsie, the thought of him texting made me laugh - he is severely technologically challenged! He can barely operate his email, cell phone, etc.If it's mechanical, he's a whiz at figuring it out and/or fixing it; but anything that he can't see inside of to see how it works throws him for a loop! I'm the techie in the family and have spent a lot of time teaching him how to use his cell and computer. He had his cell for over a year before he knew the little icon on the screen meant he had voice mail.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#203104 - 05/05/10 07:24 PM Re: For yonuh [Re: yonuh]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Skype and texting ARE good suggestions, Dotsie. I haven't used Skype much, but when I used it I did just the phone. Now I know Skype can handle video calls, so if you have access to a web cam on each end, you can actually talk through the computer and SEE your "peeps."

As for texting, I don't know why it is, but my son will answer a text from me BEFORE he will pick up the phone...

So we just need to keep up with the wonders of technology, I guess. I was watching one of my new fave shows, Army Wives, the other night, and they had a story where the mom, an Army colonel off in Iraq, was planning to watch her daughter's one year old birthday party via Skype and a web cam... Isn't that amazing?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#203105 - 05/05/10 08:27 PM Re: For yonuh [Re: Anne Holmes]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

yonuh, that's funny. I wonder how many images I'm ignoring that mean something.

Yes, I know many people who Skype. Hard to believe. Not sure how it works, but I still can't figure out how this type appears, remains and is Googleable. HA!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved