The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#192718 - 10/27/09 09:51 PM Re: World Menopause Day [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Lola, I get it. I sleep well 2-3 nights in a row and then miss 2-3 nights. I'm keeping a log, not that it will help, but I'm looking for a (great, I forgot the word).

I'm post-menopause and miss the menopause days. At least I could remember things.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#192720 - 10/27/09 10:55 PM Re: World Menopause Day [Re: Saundra]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I usually get by on 5 to 6-hour sleep when I am in London, Anne. But, I nap on the weekends when I am home.

I actually thought I have got my sleeping pattern down to pat, Saundra. Until fairly recently...it's similar to yours. I'd have nights which are fine and then, there are nights when I'd have only two hours of sleep. I get so physically sapped when those two-hour sleeptime come in succession. So, I just take home work so I can nap when sleep comes in the daytime. This menopause malarkey is such a bummer. I'm hot flushing/flashing as well. I was over all this business for a few months but, doggone it...iiiiiit's baaaaaack!

That's what I do, Chatty. I get up from bed and read until my eyes tire or, turn the telly on.

#192803 - 10/28/09 11:41 PM Re: World Menopause Day [Re: chatty lady]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I am in a non sleeping period right now....it is so frustrating. I have been taking Tylenol PM to get me through so I can at least function at work. Along with that are a host of other symptoms..my body feels like a volcano heating on the inside with periodic eruptions. My hands and feet are hot, and my skin is itchy. Yuck!!

#192808 - 10/29/09 06:55 AM Re: World Menopause Day [Re: hotflashgal]
Lola Offline

You're sleepless in NJ as well, Eileen? Yep. Went through that itchy skin immediately after my TAH/BSO. It was actually the first symptom that manifested surgical menopause. Aveeno lotion and E45 helped.

#192817 - 10/29/09 11:45 AM Re: World Menopause Day [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm on the pill for perimenopausal symptoms. I sleep well except for the week I'm on the blanks. Towards the end of that week I'm a little restless throughout the night.

This post is screaming hormonal imbalance!

Lola, what is E45? Wonder if we have it here in the states.

Hotflashgal, are you exercising? I think that helps.

#192831 - 10/29/09 04:30 PM Re: World Menopause Day [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

E45 is an aqueous cream, Dotsie.

#202406 - 04/17/10 01:32 AM Re: World Menopause Day [Re: Lola]
megchat Offline

Lola,

I had a lot of trouble with sleeping with menopause related symptoms. I just mentioned to another "poster" that I now sleep like a baby using new sleepwear and that is it- and I love to tell everyone I can who can't sleep- goodnighties pajamas are the ticket. They are made with an ionization fabric that induces sleep. I thought it was hocus pocus- but it worked for me!

#202413 - 04/17/10 03:56 PM Re: World Menopause Day [Re: megchat]
Lisa Richardson Offline

Ok.. Megchat -- I guess I'm following you!:) tee hee... It's my mission to help other women through this horrendous night sweat thing! OMG I was a wreck in every part of my life until I found Goodnighties...-- now I can cope... we need to ban together to tell others! smile Lisamomto4

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved