The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#20159 - 03/06/05 06:18 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Coffeemom go to Wal-mart and for $1.44 a bag buy some sugar free NIPS. They come in a creamy carmel flavor or a chocolaty coffee. GREAT and won't pack on any weight. No one has to do without sweets these days... [Roll Eyes]

Menopause for only 12 months, in what solar system??? Oh, if only it were true... [Eek!]

#20160 - 03/06/05 01:46 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
coffeemom, from someone else who love that morning java:

if you have too much caffeine, that may cause hot flashes. If you drink a lot now, cut down gradually so you won't be as migrained during withdrawal.

I'm down to one or two cups a day. I used to drink a lot more.

#20161 - 03/07/05 11:07 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
There's chatty talking about those Nips again. Thanks for looking out for us Chatty.

#20162 - 05/07/05 07:46 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
maryanne stahl Offline

Loc: Savannah
LOL

I'm READY for menopause (I think). Thought I was in it when I missed my period last month. Doc actually did a pregnancy test. (WHEW! I wasn't) So of course then I got my period.

I'm 51. No hot flashes ever but I do take SSRIs which I think may prevent them. My memory is gone, I'm tired all the time, so when am I going to go through menopause? Or am I?

#20163 - 05/07/05 03:19 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
What a hilarious discussion! I'll be 51 this month and have been having night sweats and erratic periods. My last one was ten days! Can you believe it? I thought it would never end. Menopause is doing wonders for my sense of humor. Forget drugs. My plan is to laugh my way through it. [Big Grin] Of course, I might change my opinion if I begin having non-stop hot flashes and start crying at the drop of a pin. Stay tuned. I'm just at the beginning of this. But it's great to know I can come here for solice. Ha! [Eek!]

#20164 - 05/07/05 11:09 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Seems like us women are always in some hormonal crisis.
First there's puberty, then PMS. Then pregnancy and post partum depression. After that we move on to para menopause and menopause and post menopause and alzheimers and...
Heck I think I hear my hormones moaning now.
It's always something....
smile

#20165 - 05/14/05 12:59 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I believe I will be expereinceing surgical menopause after my hysterectomy.

Has anybody gone through that and what was it like?

Lynn

#20166 - 05/14/05 06:22 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Yep, I did Lynn and the doc put me on hormones to bring me out of it.

I'm 57, should be over this menopause gig but still have these sudden hot flashes and they usually happen when you are trying to make a good impression! Who knows when they will end.

Something else I've noticed. I always slept in a warm room at night but now, I turn on the ceiling fan and along with the AC and open a window. My husband is next to me with a terry cloth robe and the blankets pulled up to his ears, shaking and freezing and I'm lying there, stripped to nothing but my flesh and have kicked off the covers and sweating. Turning the pillows to find the cool spot. I've forgotten what a good nights sleep is! It just simply...sucks!

[ May 13, 2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

#20167 - 05/14/05 06:30 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Lynn -

I had a full hysterectomy in 2001 due to some problems I was having with my period. Up until that time I had no symptoms of menopause.

After the hysterectomy I got the hot flashes, night sweats, etc etc - but once I got the estrogen meds right - everything was fine.

But last month my doctor decided to hold my body hostage by not renewing my estrogen until I had my mammogram done. So I'm "cold turkey-ing" it and so far -- not so bad. I've had a few hot flashes and at night I get hot -- but not the terrible night sweats I used to get -- so I think that I will be able to stay off the estrogen from now on (hope hope hope hope hope)

I'll tell ya though -- its worth every hot flash I've gotten to NOT HAVE A PERIOD anymore !!! Talk about freedom !! It ranks right up there with my husbands vastectomy ;-)

#20168 - 05/14/05 06:17 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I found a way to cool my body down at night when I'm so hot I can't sleep. Now, some of you can't do this because you have young children. I walk around the dark house in the nude. I know, not a pretty sight to think about but it works. I jump back into bed and can fall asleep.

Lionspaaw, you might find that you lose weight being off the estrogen. I did. It was tough at first but I'm now doing better. I now have a ton of energy and feel great.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved