The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#20139 - 01/27/05 07:15 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
That's good to know!! I can skip the diet part and just wait til the parts fall off!

#20140 - 01/30/05 07:53 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
MClubPrez Offline

Loc: Ohio
JJ said:
Listen up. Use this period of time in your life to have some fun and at the same time, get that revenge you've only dreamed about. I mean...your family knows you're unpredictable...play it up?

"Honey, what's for supper?
"Anything you want to fix BUCKO...are we clear?"

I decided that since I was going through a change, everyone I live with should go through a change too. Unfortunately for them, they are all male.

Husband: "Make me a grocery list, Honey?"
Me: I ripped off a piece of scrap paper, wrote the word "FOOD" on it, and handed it to him.

I am saving a LOT of breath these days.

Let's hear some more quotes Boomers!

Kathryn

#20141 - 01/31/05 08:02 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well, next time he says
"Make me a grocery list, Honey?"

You say

"Poof! You're a grocery list!"

what?

#20142 - 01/30/05 09:13 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
This menopause thing has to come with a disclaimer.

So, we've gotten rid of PMS or as my husband calls it, Mad Cow Disease. The men can't blame anything on PMS anymore so they switch it to Menopause (men pause and say, oh) so they have yet another reason to not do what you want them to do or give you that "look" that blames any mood on this change.

My husband blamed my grouchiness on it...not what he did or didn't do that just irritated my skin off! We just can't win.

All women are different. Some go through the change longer than others. I still have the occassional hot flash or else, it's the niacin I'm taking. Haven't decided yet.

Change is good. Menopause comes with some really good changes like...you don't give a rip what others think anymore. Could be age too!

[ January 30, 2005, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

#20143 - 02/06/05 07:55 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
Kristie Leigh Maguire Offline

Loc: Nevada
Since I am new here at Boomers, I've been reading through some of the back posts. This discussion on menopause is hillarious.

I started going into menopause earlier I think...in my early 40's. Talk about something that I could do without! I haven't been the same since. Guess that's why they call it the CHANGE, huh? LOL

I got on HRT as soon as I could get my doc to prescribe them for me. I recently ran out of my prescription while in St. Croix and was off the treatment for about 2 months. I was thinking that surely I could stay off the meds now. Nuh uh. The hot flashes, the mood swings, the flowing of tears at the least little thing all started over again. Bottom line: I begged my doc for a new prescription when I got back to Nevada.

I don't think it ever ends. Somebody please tell me I am wrong on this.

#20144 - 02/08/05 02:48 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Hi Kristie, welcome, I'm kinda new here too.
I'm 48 and in perimenopause. OH JOY IT IS>>>>>ha ha.
Besides going through a lot of other stuff in my life.. this just adds to it. I use the progesterone cream. I think it helps. I get hot and cold flashes, moodiness, etc etc... all the classic symptoms..Exercise really helps when I stick to it that is...
I also wonder how long this will last...

#20145 - 02/08/05 09:53 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
Kristie Leigh Maguire Offline

Loc: Nevada
mammajude, I have come to the conclusion that it lasts till you die and they bury you.

#20146 - 02/08/05 09:20 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mamma, I think it stops after you haven't menstruated for a year. Help. Is that right?

I take a low dose of the birth control pill and it helps tremendously with mood and flow.

I've never taken the pill in the past so I figure a couple years on it now to get me through this peri-menopause angst won't hurt.

#20147 - 02/08/05 09:56 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
They were going to put me on a low dose pill but I have high cholesterol and they said it wouldn't mix with the Lipator I take. Figures... Kristie I certainly hope it won't last till we die.. ha ha.
That would be awful. I hear from my older women friends that it will pass. Your right Dotsie you have to wait until a year passes without it. OH JOY> I'll probably be 60.. ha ha.

#20148 - 02/19/05 11:40 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Dotsie,

I found this link www.hormonehelpny.com/questions/hormone_074.htm

Unfortunately, I went into menopause because of a hysterectomy 3 years ago. I have had symptoms ever since, so I would really love to know when it will end also.

I hope this helps with answering your question.

Cheers,
Cathi

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved