The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#20129 - 11/22/04 11:01 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Smile, we have to remember this for the BWS Convention. I think it would be perfect!

Did you meet Leno? You have accomplished so much in your life. Every now and then you throw us a bone. I love it!

#20130 - 11/23/04 01:18 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I did meet Jay Leno. He was really nice and very polite. He was wearing a denim shirt and blue jeans. He was so cute.
They plied me with wine and I got nervous or something. I said something stupid like, "I can't believe I'm geting to meet all the movie stars."
He said, "Aw, I'm not really in the movies. It's just TV."
I said, "Same thing. Same thing."

It's a miracle he didn't call his security guards to haul me off.

smile

#20131 - 11/23/04 06:52 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile, I love it. SOunds like something I would say. [Big Grin]

#20132 - 11/23/04 10:17 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotsie,
I deleted my last message I figure it was not that inportant to read about Medapause . I did start late at (55) and taking "Activalla" and that helps with the night sweats and man I can't stand you being around me . Every knock sounds like a bang . I could not stand anyone around me. My period stopped for a year before they put me on estrogen . The doctors now don't want to leave you on the estrogen to long.

It is good to laugh about it . Menapause can be funny at times. [Roll Eyes]

Nancy

#20133 - 11/24/04 05:35 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
No, Dotsie. It varies. Everyone is different of course, but menopause lasts longer than that. [Frown] The changing goes on and on. I don't remember how long it took, now. But, I think I'm all changed. Sometimes I think maybe I'll change back now. But it's not so bad, except for the memory loss, the wrinkles, the constant peeing, and the mustache. [Roll Eyes] At least we can't get pregnant. Speaking of which, was that 57 year old woman who just had a baby nuts? How did that happen? The phone would ring and I'd put the kid down and forgot where I put him by the time I hung up the phone. Knowing what I know now though, I wouldn't take any crap from anyone in the PTA - not the teachers, the principal or anyone, even if they are nuns.
[Big Grin]
Louisa

#20134 - 11/24/04 06:08 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Louisa, thanks. I need to get a good book about this. DJ has told me about Dr. Lee's books. I think it's time! [Eek!]

#20135 - 11/26/04 06:54 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dotsie, don't know if this will help you or not, but I've been menapausal for over 2 years and I still have symptoms. Especially the hot flashes.

I had surgery to remove my uterus over 20 years ago and surgery to remove my ovaries over 2 years ago. Maybe it's different because my menapause was "forced" instead of natural.

I can't help you with the mood part. I am on mood stabilizers and anti depressants for my bipolar so I don't have mood swings.

I take some natural herbs like black cohosh and raspberry leaves, etc for menapause. So my symptoms aren't as severe anyway. I guess the only thing that bothers me are the hot flashes. I'd hate to think how bad they'd be if I wasn't taking anything at all.

#20136 - 01/27/05 10:03 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
LadySims Offline

Loc: St.Petersburg
Hi Dotsie, I haven't had my Period in 3 years & I'm Still suffering w/occaisional Hot Flashes but I'm used to them now. I also have or should I say haven't any control over my Emotions, but I guess that's Normal for a girl, right ? LOL [Smile] Chocholate, umm I thought that was part of the Food Groups ? I know I have to eat it Every day. I thought once I had Men-oh-pause, I wouldn't get P.M.S anymore but I do, it's just not as bad as it once was. I only think about Killing someone once a month now. LOL [Smile] Last year I stubbed my pinky toe & it turned black 'n blue, when I mentioned it to my doctor she scheduled a Bone-Denceity Test for me & the outcome wasn't good. Now I have to take Caluicm Tablets, YUCK !!! As far as I know, things will only get worse, but than that's just me. Do any of you older ladies know what we can expect in the coming years ???

#20137 - 01/27/05 11:17 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Yes. First all your parts will gain 100 lbs. apiece. Then they will drag on the ground. Then they fall off. [Razz]

#20138 - 01/27/05 05:21 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
haaa ahhha hhhaaaa hhaaaa
haaa haaaa Ahhh, cough cough choke choke, Yowl.

Don't forget peeing when u laugh [Eek!]

Oh Meredith, your hilarious!

chickadee

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved