The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#200916 - 03/15/10 12:46 AM Lasting Sorrow
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A group of us were talking last night after we met up at a Festival one town over, and decided to go for some coffee. The group consisted of 7 women and 5 men. Two were married couples and the rest of us were widows/widower except one woman who never married. Somehow the subject of death came up (imagine that among older people) and sorrow for our losses, whether it was people or pets. Our conversation although upbeat was about which loss was had been the greatest, the hardest to get over. I was shocked to hear some of their answers, the serioius ones anyway. When it got too morbid I added some comic relief by saying my recent ex is the one who takes a licken, but just keeps on tickin...

For myself the loss of two husbands and my grandparents, and father were devastating but I have stopped thinking of them after all these years for the most part.

Now, for the pets I have lost, even after all this time has passed I can't think of them without breaking down. Those innocent little angels never gave me one second of grief and immeasurable amounts of love and happiness. I doubt I will ever forget the helpless feeling I had not being unable to save them. That may sound odd to some but I am not alone in mthose feelings. No matter what, when asked, the truth is what you'll hear from me, always!

Do any of you watch the program on the Animal Channel:
From Underdog, to Wonderdog? If not, then do watch it if you are a dog lover, it will make you feel good all the rest of the evening...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200981 - 03/15/10 03:19 PM Re: Lasting Sorrow [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, if your pets live with you, and they're your only companionship within the home, I totally understand how they can be missed so terribly.

#201015 - 03/16/10 02:54 AM Re: Lasting Sorrow [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I totally understand how you feel about losing your animals Chatty...the love that my dogs displayed toward me was so pure and so complete...I will never stop missing them..or the happiness they gave me every single day....

I adore the animal channel...I used to watch the news but it's so depressing ..so now Dogs 101 and It's me or the Dog are the shows I look for first...

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#201030 - 03/16/10 03:30 PM Re: Lasting Sorrow [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
a animals love is pure towards us...their loyalty despite how they may be treated, neglected, ignored, etc., remains within them to love and be loved. Sounds so human and maybe that's why we are able to connect so closely with our pets. The price of loving an animals is that we will probably outlive them and our loss when they go. It's never easy...with my own Molly I look at her sometimes and wonder why God brought her to us...she's been my protector, my companion, a clown, my best friend at times, and I know I need her more than she needs me. Okay...I'm starting to tear up so I'll close...I understand what you're saying, Chatty...completely!

#201483 - 03/27/10 01:10 PM Re: Lasting Sorrow [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I miss my adoptive parents and grandparents a huge amount
and my mom was the last to pass, back in 1993. As far as my dogs,
I think of every one of them; I love dogs and it about kills
me to have to put an animal down when they get on their last
legs. But sometimes they get so bad, you can't stand to see 'em
suffer and have no choice. But it's hard. I'm planning on seeing
all of them in Heaven!

Edited by jabber (03/27/10 01:11 PM)

#201506 - 03/28/10 03:55 PM Re: Lasting Sorrow [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
I understand what you're saying. Don't you wonder what people
did without TV, way back when. They didn't have much to take
their minds off the hard stuff.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved