The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20056 - 06/12/04 06:45 PM Re: after menopause
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Is it just me or did that have all the makings of a great "who's on first" joke?

Kate

#20057 - 06/13/04 07:41 AM Re: after menopause
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
okay, there's gonna be a lot of fun with this one today...teehee...

try...the ob/gyn brother-in-law's wife...

maybe?

what the heck, leave it...if you change it, then we wouldn't have all this fun, right?

#20058 - 06/12/04 08:29 PM Re: after menopause
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
The doctor delivered his sister-in-law's two children. Dr. John was married to Jane who had a brother, Tom, who's wife, Sue, went to her brother-in-law, Dr. John as her ob doc.

shudder! that's a LOT too close for my comfort level!

Anyway, you got the important part...yep! $60K a year is nice money. I'd rather pay my ob/gyn and never see him outside the office. It beats looking at look at him over the Thanksgiving turkey .

Yeah...who's on first? Great comparison! Wish I'd been that clever not by accident.

#20059 - 06/12/04 09:19 PM Re: after menopause
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
*sigh* Okay... I got it...........but it was more fun when I didn't... so back to the $60,000...now that's not what the doc makes, right because if it is, he's not doing very well....and the deal with the doctor being the brother in law....well that might be weird but only if ..... [Confused] .. well only if.... [Eek!] ... well I just don't know what would be weirder...if you ......No! Okay, I know.....it would be really weird if you got married and then you met your brother-in-law and thought "hey baby, he's cute" and then decided to have him as your ob/gyn......but if he was already your ob/gyn and then you just happened to meet his brother at some point and totally unaware, got married...then it would......nope........then it would still be like having your brother-in-law look under your dress...... [Roll Eyes] ... so let's see how can I make this work?....Well.....it's simple. She has to find a woman doctor. Yeah..... that's my answer.

Kate [Razz]

#20060 - 06/12/04 11:01 PM Re: after menopause
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dots,
Your post about your friend the obgyn resident in labor and delivery reminded me of when my daughter was born.

I was a nineteen yr. old delivery room nurse in a small town. When I went into labor I called in sick and they had to call in my friend who was also a nurse to assist with the delivery. I worked with my obgyn doc in the delivery room every day, but by the time I went into labor, I was past being embarrassed when he was on the wrong end of me.

On he delivery table, I could see my co-workers, most of whom I supervised, all gathered around looking at me from the wrong end.

It was weird. Also, I knew all the jokes that went around. But we all survived.
smile

[ June 12, 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#20061 - 06/13/04 01:56 AM Re: after menopause
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Boy, I sure would hate to be staring down at the face of a co-worker I had made mad that day...eeek!

Okay, so...who's on second?

#20062 - 06/13/04 06:40 AM Re: after menopause
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey JJ,
I just tried to smile. --- On both ends. [Smile]
smile

#20063 - 06/22/04 11:11 AM Re: after menopause
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
well, as many of you know, I kinda plunged straight into menopause thanks to chemo in 1998. Most women on my meds got horrible hot flashes. I got none. No mood swings either. What I got, however, was my once-washboard abs went into sludge, and I do mean SLUDGE. I exercise regularly and eat very well but it doesn't help. Plus about 10 lbs. weight gain.

The best part was after an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone? I think...) test, which said I was totally irrevocably in menopause. I went home and finally threw out all that old horrible underwear that I saved for my periods. [Roll Eyes] Okay ladies, I KNOW y'all have (or had) the stuff -- that ratty embarrassing underwear practically hanging from a string, which is "period underwear" cuz if you bleed all over it YOU DON'T CARE, and if you bleed a lot, you can trash it with no regrets. Well, I tossed it all and bought a bunch of nice new ones! [Big Grin]

#20064 - 06/22/04 08:23 PM Re: after menopause
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, good thing my mother isn't reading this thread. She's the one who always asked if we had on clean underwear in case we ended up in the ER. Now that I rethink that, it's so odd, but I guess she meant well.

[Eek!]

#20065 - 06/23/04 01:38 AM Re: after menopause
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
My menopause began around 46. There was bleeding and some discomfort and then I had to have a partial D&C. When I returned to Ohio the following year I underwent a full D&C.

The period of 'night-sweats' and sleeplessness did last for awhile---3-4 years and then it was much better.

To get through the difficult times I prayed a lot, had a supportive husband, took extra vitamins, exercised a lot and kept busy with writing and school.

I can honestly say that once I got through it, I felt a freedom I hadn't felt in years. No more periods, pain, worrying about pregnancy and my sexual life was 'kicked up' a notch.

My best advice would be try and stay as 'cool' as you can, keep moderately busy and understand that 'this too shall pass.'

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved