The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#200060 - 02/24/10 04:00 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I usually eat either oatmeal with fruit in it, or one scrambled egg with whole wheat toast and 1/2 grapefruit. We have french toast or waffles a couple of times a month, usually on weekends.

When I was a kid, we never once changed our breakfast routine. Every weekday we had hot cereal, (if we finished that we could have cold cereal - a treat!) every Saturday was some type of eggs, and every Sunday was either pancakes, waffles or french toast. Looking back, I realize now how lucky I was to have such great food all week long for breakfast.

#200062 - 02/24/10 04:06 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Dotsie]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh, Dotsie, I agree that is so boring! Live a little! Try the chocolate! I don't know how I got out of the habit of adding sweeteners. Does your husband have to eat any certain thing(s) for breakfast re: diabetic? Does anyone use soy milk with their cereals?

#200079 - 02/24/10 10:07 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
During the week for breakfast we have old fashion oatmeal with blueberries, juice, yogurt, and coffee. On weekends, sometimes I make blueberry muffins, cinnamon breakfast cake, or eggs.

#200080 - 02/24/10 10:10 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Cookie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All I ever buy and use is Soymilk. Love it and its better for me than cows milk.

Dotsie, the reason Egg Substitutes are so good is they taste exactly like a real egg with all the cholesterol removed, read a carton at the store, you may be surprised.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200086 - 02/25/10 03:12 AM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: chatty lady]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Cookie, your weekends sound yummy!

#200115 - 02/25/10 03:44 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Princess Lenora]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I think we bought 6 real eggs ..once in the past 5 yrs.

Instead we buy egg substitutes or egg whites. I tend to buy the latter. It tastes lighter to me which is what we want. As I said earlier in thread, we tend to prepare egg dishes..for supper at home. Hmmmm....only about 2-3 times per month. It's just a natural evolution of things. I don't feel a powerful need to eat eggs more often nor do I miss it when I don't have it.

Fried rice that I do, chatty is how my mother does it which is different from the restaurant. I think the restaurants use abit too much soy sauce. But the general process is I think is to stir fry cooked rice by itself and then combine it with stir fried eggs & with veggies already nearly done. Then stir fry again quickly everything, etc.

However, my mother omitted the stir frying of rice separately and just put in the rice with the stir fried eggs and veggies, which gives the whole dish a much fluffier and different taste than restaurant style.

I actually gave up trying to do stir fried rice with eggs, etc. Instead I simply have eggs stir fried/scrambled with veggies, onion and garlic on the side with rice. That alone is a meal in itself..for supper.
----------------------------------------------------
Oatmeal is considered a good fast absorbing carbohydrate that alot of people who exercise early in the day, eat. However I never eat the huge bowls of oatmeal that one might see others have. it's just half a c. of oatmeal with some milk. I have oatmeal that has no sugar.

I'm not pure because my downfall is after a bike ride, I might have a scone, or muffin and coffee.

#200116 - 02/25/10 03:47 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Princess Lenora]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Princess Lenora
I was thinking of the good ingredients: eggs, applesauce, walnuts. No more than 15 minutes after eating it, I had a total body crash. I was deek and wizzy, I mean weak and dizzy, nauseated, and I had to lay down. This happened to me a couple of times during the holidays. Now I know it's for real, a hypo-glycemic rise and fall. So, back to the waffles and yogurt!

Good thing Princess that you know what the cause was.

#200140 - 02/26/10 01:49 AM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lynn, it sounds like you might have an allergy to nuts. Try eating a small amount by themselves.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200320 - 03/02/10 01:28 AM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
This is from way-back-when but I give a few of my breakfast recipes.

http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/forums/u...=true#Post47771

Poet and essayist

#200350 - 03/02/10 03:55 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, they sound delish, but I'd never go to that much trouble for breakfast. Call me lazy, but unless it's a special occasion, my breakfast has to be one or two ingredients. I'm still eating cereal with banana. Looking forward to mixing it up with some good berries soon.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved