The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#198944 - 02/02/10 03:30 PM Hi, I'm new here.
paige 2 Offline

Loc: michigan
Hi, I'm paige, recently divorced after 26yrs. Starting a new life at 47, WOW! I'm excited and scared to death!!! Trying to decide what career path to attempt! I live in michigan. Work options are slim pickins! Thinkin about school. Need some advice. Right now I can't seem to see two feet in front of me! lol!!!

#198947 - 02/02/10 07:18 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. [Re: paige 2]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome paige. It looks like the big decision is behind you -now for the decision that will give you wings. What are your interests?

#198980 - 02/02/10 11:30 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Paige 2, take some down time and just relax awhile if you're able to. Don't dwell on the negative that once was. Be positive! Get a new hairdo, see some good movies, maybe change your home around to suit just you. During this time get a notebook and journal about your experiences, later, years from now you'll be so glad you did. Also make lists of things you want to accomplish.
This isn't the end of something, it is the beginning of something new. Many of the women here were, are are going through the same thing so feel free to discuss it and share, as well as take away from this all that you can.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199015 - 02/03/10 01:17 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. [Re: chatty lady]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi, Paige and welcome! My name is Alice and I got a divorce after 31 years of abuse (with him for 36 yrs.)

I've been alone for 6 years now. I live in Rochester, Michigan. One saying I like: "Don't look back, you are not going that way."

I won a scholarship (because I wrote about my life) and am back in school at age 63! I still feel 18.

Hugs n Welcome once again, Alice

#199016 - 02/03/10 01:22 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. [Re: Alice]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi, Paige: I sent you a private message, but it didn't go thru. I am the moderator of an abused survivors' group...written my memoir and poetry book (Sanctuary of the Soul) about to be published; won a scholarship and went back to school at age 63! I still feel 18.

Feel free to call me: 248-931-3974...I live in Rochester (MI), or e-mail:wacalice@aol.com.....would love to help.

Smiles, Alice

#199022 - 02/03/10 02:16 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. [Re: Alice]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Paige to our forum community. We're so glad you've chosen to make this a home away from home. Watch out, because this place is addictive.

I'll make one recommendation since you are fresh off the divorce train and that is to do nothing. Give yourself time. You won't regret it. I'm not saying don't formulate plans or investigate your new heart's desires, I'm just saying step back and breathe...give your mind time to digest all that has happened so that you can be clear about where you will go from here.

I think one of the biggest mistakes a woman can make is jumping forward without first coming to terms with all that has transpired.

And too, if you've already passed the "mourning" stages, (whether you wanted the divorce or not), then by all means, make bucket lists to help you decide where you passion really is; what gets your juices pumping, makes your heart sing. Here's a good question to ask yourself:

What could I do that would make me jump out of bed each day, excited, pumped, and raring to go?

I've found that making list pulls things out of me I didn't even know where there. It's so strange!

Again, welcome!

#199029 - 02/03/10 06:30 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany

Sounds like you are raring to go and you have some great ambitions! Good for you! JJ, making lists is a great tip. I need to do that too.

#199046 - 02/03/10 09:00 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Welcome, again paige. Think I wrote that on another thread.
Divorce is a difficult thing. JJ is right, give yourself time.

And Chatty said worthwhile directives: don't dwell on the negative, dwell on the positive. Think about what makes you smile and warms your heart; then focus on those.

Edelweiss3,
I love those cartoons of yours. They brighten my day!

Edited by jabber (02/03/10 09:03 PM)

#199068 - 02/03/10 11:45 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. [Re: jabber]
paige 2 Offline

Loc: michigan
Wow!! What a welcome!!! You gals are great just what I need. I'm new to the computer, trying to figure my way around. Thanks for those bears!! Sooo Cute!! Thank you!! I will figure out how to send you all neat tidings of joy asap!! Taking a class at the local library on basic laptoping! lol!! Thank god for spell check. I think I needed to hear I've earned time to myself. I really like living alone and my freedom. My only child is 25 and lives on her own, third yr in school. She has been my parent for the past 3yrs. She wanted me to leave him yrs ago, I didn't. I'm now ashamed, I set a bad example for her about men. I have no friends, no other family. I'm truly alone for the first time in my life. I'm ok with that. I don't EVER want another man. I wont share my home again (only my daughter if need be). My only worry is about money. I'm starting over with nothing. No retirement only his ss when he retires in 15 yrs. I'm worried about how I will live in the future. I've got enough for the short term but I need a career. Thinkin about college, Student loans scare me, going into debt to get a job. Its hard at 47yrs when all the applicants are 20-30yrs olds now. I know the job market will shift soon. I'm going from being middle-class to no class, lifestyle. I'm very good with money,we had some put away but he got to it when he found out I was going to leave and gambled it all a way. I've lived on 5 dollars and 500 dollars, its just scary now.. But yes my head is in my butt right now, I do need some me time and it was good to hear. There is my Dr. Phil moment. Thanks ladies for your support.

#199074 - 02/04/10 12:14 AM Re: Hi, I'm new here. [Re: paige 2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Paige, find the school you want to attend and then get together with their finance department and they can give you options for funding. The government is pushing hard now for women to get back to school so getting grants is pretty simple. Your age 47, is a good age to be to starting over. Good hunting!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved