The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#198562 - 01/27/10 01:02 AM Doll Houses
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a doll house they might recommend...? I am looking for a tall one/multi-storied. Ideas?

#198568 - 01/27/10 04:12 AM Re: Doll Houses [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You might talk with Louisa....she has an amazing doll house.

#198573 - 01/27/10 01:21 PM Re: Doll Houses [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You might want to search EBay. Maybe you can get a gently used one?

#198586 - 01/27/10 02:31 PM Re: Doll Houses [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Also, I got mine at the GoodWill. It is a homemade one that a man was putting in the TRASH there, if you can believe that. It only has three rooms, but is definitely a vintage one. I was dumbfounded when I saw him dumping it and almost jumped out of a running car to run over to him. I said, "May I have that?" He said yes, of course. He had built it for his now 20-something year old daughter and his wife said chunk it. I was amazed that they didn't keep it for the daughter who might have a daughter someday.

Anyway, I have seen others at the Goodwill before while shopping for sleepers (antiques that are there by mistake). So you might want to give that a try?

One more suggestion. On Yahoo...different areas have what they call FREECYCLE or something like that and they usually have an area's name attached to it. Like Freecycle-Mobile. You can go there and advertise what you want and people will email you if they have it to give. It is usually local to the area.

#198598 - 01/27/10 03:22 PM Re: Doll Houses [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

I had one made as a gift for my 50th by a tradesman.no one could have put any more into that home..we consulted for every wallpapered room..
on the side JJ I found a vintage sundial at the ammenity tip.Like you I nearly ran to ask about it..since then I have sympatheticly touched up the paint..not too much.I love it.

I took the men at the tip a jar of coffee...ask requested in a joke they made.They were pleased..I was pleased.

#198599 - 01/27/10 03:34 PM Re: Doll Houses [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Are you looking to purchase a kit or a ready-made one, Dee? I found kits much more enjoyable because you can decorate it as you please but, it takes time. The advantage of ready-made ones is that you only have to furnish it and relatively few mistakes can happen especially when installing lights. Louisa has got lights in one or two of hers, if my memory serves me well.

http://www.112dollshouses.co.uk/

#198650 - 01/28/10 03:44 AM Re: Doll Houses [Re: Lola]
Dee Offline

You ladies are so cool...and helpful.

Wow JJ...amazing story...I can see you doing just what you described. I'll check out the local thing you mentioned, too...I beleive my DIL has done that very thing but for other items...great idea!

Lola...I'm going to go to your web site and work my way through all the beautiful houses. Thank you sweetie.

Mountain...wow...amazing that you had one handmade to your specifications...I'm guessing it cost some money for that?

Dotsie...I'll check with Louisa.

Would ya'll be able to post your dollhouse pictures? I'd love to see them...

Thank you again and I'll see what I can come up with...thanks so much for your help. HUGS HUGS HUGS

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved