The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#19858 - 02/27/03 02:56 PM glass of wine a day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have a neighbor who read that a glass of wine a day helped with the menopause blues. So she did her part and starting partaking for the sake of feeling lighter and possibly not getting dragged down by the negativity of feeling crappy and getting older. [Wink]

I'd see her walking by the house, smiling her way through town. [Big Grin]

As the months passed, she told me she had to stop. What the article didn't tell her was that she would eat more after her glass of wine and gain extra pounds. [Mad]

So much for that remedy! Gaining weight was already something she was fighting during menopause. She didn't need to add insult to injury! [Eek!]

#19859 - 02/27/03 09:22 PM Re: glass of wine a day
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
She should have simply stuck with the walking..that would make her feel better about herself, get those endorphins moving, and help keep the weight down. I know, easier said than done. I should practice what I preach.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved