The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#19833 - 01/14/03 12:02 AM Where are you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I thought this would be a busy FORUM for baby boomer women. Where are all the menopausal women?

#19834 - 01/14/03 03:07 PM Re: Where are you?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
sitting naked in front of the air conditioner vent with a fan blowing on us from both sides and fanning ourselves with a piece of cardboard as the hot flashes overcome us ?????

;-)

#19835 - 01/14/03 04:00 PM Re: Where are you?
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
lionspaw....you crack me up....how true!!! But what about the night sweats. It used to be I'd wake up each morning and my pajama top would be wringing wet....all of a sudden in the last few weeks I awake to soaking wet legs and feet! What the hell is that all about? And the memory lapses...dear heaven....I have lost my mind! I call my poor daughter by the dogs name all of the time. Imagine her horror when I say "Go poopy now Gracie!" while walking the dog!

#19836 - 01/14/03 04:52 PM Re: Where are you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DJ, You are so right! I have just realized that many of the previous posts have been deleted. I am not quite sure how this happened. I will put a call into my web guru today!

I am soooo disappointed. Hmmmm! I checked several FORUMS and quite a few seem to be missing old posts. I thought that maybe the new year did it, but some have posts from the 2002 and others don't, so that isn't it. I will let you know. Thanks for making me aware of this!

#19837 - 02/26/03 03:06 AM Re: Where are you?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Who has followed the path into menopause "naturally" and who was forced into it via surgery or disease?

I had my first emergency hysterectomy when I was 31. The doctors removed my uterus and cervix. My second hysterectomy came about 9 years later. Then I had my ovaries removed. A week or so after my surgery my doctor prescribed HRT. It took almost 2 years for me to figure out the dosage, but I think we have it right.

Before my surgery I was always cold, now I go through phases where sometimes I'm hot, sometimes I'm not.

I really don't like those little hairs on my chin and on my upper lip! argh!!! My hair has gotten grayer with streaks of white.

If I had my druthers though, I'll pluck some hairs from my chin over dealing with a period, the bloating, and sanitary products!

#19838 - 02/26/03 03:49 PM Re: Where are you?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I had a complete hysterectomy in December 2001 -- and except for a few hot flashes -- completely taken care of by a "magic" little soy pill in the morning -- and a stray hair here and there on my chin and upper lip -- the only main thing I've noticed is that where I used to freeze all the time -- I have gone through this winter without having to wear a jacket outside [Smile] Not hot flashes -- my body just always feels warm now instead of cold.

But I never thought about the "memory loss" as being a part of menopause -- I was actually beginning to worry about early alzheimers and had discussed it with my counselor -- we eventually just past it off as having alot on my plate lately and decided not to worry about it -- and now I think it might be part of the "process" -- I'm going to worry even LESS about it [Smile]

And I'm with you Vicki -- I'm happy to trade those monthly PMS attacks for this [Big Grin]

#19839 - 02/26/03 04:29 PM Re: Where are you?
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
I had a complete hysterectomy in June of 1996 after fighting uterine fibroid tumors for years. My periods had been growing heavier and more painful. Then I started passing these huge clots, some up to 3 inches in diameter. Then the clots started damming up inside and causing even more cramping until suddenly they would pass and I would ruin whatever clothing I had on with no advance notice. When I started staying home from work on the days I was on my period, it finally convinced my doctor that I might look into surgery. Prior to that, they had tried Estrace, and other alternative remedies, none of which worked for me.
I have never regretted that surgery. The doctor did it vaginally, so I had no incisions or scars, and was up and walking that evening after surgery. As soon as my urinary catheter was out, I was up and walking all over the hospital. They had to hunt for me to give me meds and check my blood sugars. I was out of the hospital and went to stay with my mother for a week before going home. I didn't really need that, but it was a nice little vacation time to spend with my parents.
I had little pain after leaving the hospital. During my hospital stay, I used a PCA (patient controlled anesthesia) pump with Demerol. I don't think I ever did use the entire dose.
I wish all surgeries could be as easy as that one was.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved