The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#198105 - 01/19/10 02:55 AM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
You know PL it does seem like the perpetrators have more rights. It's a sad day to know the victim must prove their innocence. I'm flabbergasted to know so many people who have been the victims. You know I try to sit in my world with my rose colored glasses but usually they don't work. My heart aches for all those who've endured so much.
Mountain Ash I also don't like the shows on TV about violence - so it seems like there's nothing much offered that's not violent. It's a shame that this powerful medium is used so shabbily in portraying false reality.
Alice I wondered how you were doing in getting your information and story out into the public. There definitely needs to be someone to stand up and let others know you can survive and live a life after abuse.
www.tidedancer.com

#198119 - 01/19/10 01:56 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Sandpiper]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
(((Sandpiper)): I just keep on, keepin' on....writing to the media. Hopefully, I will be on The Factor/Bill O'Reilly....as his producer wrote to me.

#198126 - 01/19/10 02:24 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Alice]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Alice, I so hope you get on that show. Make sure you tell us if you do. Thanks to all those who give voice and hope to the victims who still haven't opened up.

#198153 - 01/19/10 06:20 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Dotsie]
Alice Offline

Dotsie: You can be sure I will let you all know! If it doesn't happen, it won't be because I stopped trying.

#198178 - 01/19/10 11:24 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Alice]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I wonder if the deep depression I am beginning to sink into faster and faster each day is from a form of mental abuse? He is in such a bad mood, slamming doors, yelling at the dogs, giving me dirty looks and all because the weather is lousy and he feels like crap, and he hates Obama and so forth and so on, its always something. He is the worlds most negative human being and gets worse daqily. He thinks because he is here I should be happy to clean up after him. Oh, and he thinks my car is his car to drive because I work from home and don't drive it that often. The word "NO" really sets him off. If he keeps this up I may have to evict him bag and baggage which for him would be a catastrophe. Plus it scares me when he thinks he has nothing to live for or lose...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#198197 - 01/20/10 06:12 AM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, don't let the negativity wear off on you. Easier said than done. He needs to get a job so he isn't around the house that much. Again, easier said than done, right?

#198202 - 01/20/10 01:25 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Dotsie]
Alice Offline

(((Chatty))): Of COURSE that is probably the reason you are feeling so depressed. Abuse wears you down and eats at you. Every time you feel stressed, your body releases cortisol....cortisol damages your immune system. I've never spoken with an abused woman who didn't have a myriad of physical problems...it is a wonder (LOL) that I am even alive after 36 years of abuse.

We are ALL responsible for our own behavior. He is a miserable person and takes it out on you.

He is (most likely) using emotional blackmail.....if you don't.....do whatever......I will...whatever. I know how guilt producing that is, but if someone is determined to do something, no one can stop them. Don't let him hold you hostage.

Your emotional and physical health are all you have.

Hugs, Alice

#198204 - 01/20/10 01:42 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Alice]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, you can not save the world. If you are that miserable, tell him about the YMCA and drive him there. If he says he is going to do himself in, tell him that's too bad because life sure is great; then drop him off.

He knows exactly what buttons to push and is using emotional blackmail to stay there. How long has this been going on? A long time...and he hasn't harmed himself yet. If he is helping pay the bills as you say, then that's one thing, but if he isn't...why is he there?

You are not responsible for another person's happiness. They are.

#198301 - 01/22/10 01:06 AM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You guys are right and I know it. I will figure something out.
And thanks!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#198310 - 01/22/10 05:54 AM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
((( Chatty)))

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved