The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#196089 - 12/17/09 05:31 PM What's a good cookware to buy?
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm thinking of purchasing new pots and pans. My Calphalon frying pans are all but done in and their handles are terrible...you go to pour something out of the skillet/pan and it slips in your grip. I thought I was buying a good product but it was a rip off. I like Le Creste BUT it's too bloody expensive. So...what's a good option for a good set of pans? I want something that will distribute the heat evenly but don't want to worry about scratching the surface if I use a metalf utensil. May I have your opinions please?

#196166 - 12/18/09 11:05 PM Re: What's a good cookware to buy? [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Stainless steel is the very best you can buy!! You can cook anything in it and it cleans up nicely too. I wouldn't use anything else...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#196243 - 12/19/09 10:06 PM Re: What's a good cookware to buy? [Re: chatty lady]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Stainless steel is the best! I have All Clad, which is very expensive. To me, it is worth every penny since I do allot of cooking. When I bought them, I didn't buy a whole set of pots and pans because the sets never have the size of "ware "I want. I bought one piece at a time....over time. I love my pots and pans. They heat and cook very evenly. I have an all clad asparagus steamer that is great! Fresh asparagus, corn, broccoli, etc. tastes fabulous in the steamer!! But beware, not all, All Clad are the same. I believe the Emerial Ware is a different grade of stainless steel even though it is all clad. I bought one pot of Emerial ware a few years back with a gift certificate given to me from work. It is a nice pot, however, the steel is different.

#196327 - 12/22/09 12:54 AM Re: What's a good cookware to buy? [Re: Cookie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have All Clad too and love them. They hold up very well.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#196413 - 12/23/09 02:48 AM Re: What's a good cookware to buy? [Re: Dianne]
Dee Offline

Where do you get them? How do you keep things from sticking to the bottom?

#196414 - 12/23/09 02:51 AM Re: What's a good cookware to buy? [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

Whoa...I just looked All Clad up on the web...you're right...veeeeeeery expensive. But, if it's good, it's the last cookware you'll buy, right? Okay...maybe once piece a year. I'll have to see where I can find it.
Thanks ladies!!!

#196498 - 12/23/09 11:27 PM Re: What's a good cookware to buy? [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dee, just don't turn the fire under your pots to 'SCORCH.' Works for me... LOL!!!

#196511 - 12/24/09 04:00 PM Re: What's a good cookware to buy? [Re: chatty lady]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Before you add food to the pan, you preheat the pan on medium heat with just a bit of oil of some kind to coat the bottom. I only cook on low to medium using all clad. This usually keeps food from sticking to the bottom of the pan.

#196939 - 01/02/10 02:42 AM Re: What's a good cookware to buy? [Re: Cookie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

So did you decide on the new panwear yet? Also heres a tip:

If you have some stainless steel cookware that is tarnished or just old looking fill the cookware with warm soapy water, add clorox, say half a cup or so and let stand for half an hour, the cookware comes out just like new. This also works on that orange stuff, I can't remember the name of it.

#197132 - 01/05/10 03:09 AM Re: What's a good cookware to buy? [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

thanks ladies...still deciding...I love hearing what you all have to say about various cookwares...thanks for your support. I'll keep looking around to see what's out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved