The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#195008 - 12/01/09 10:02 PM December Birthday....Thank you
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I want to thank Boomer Women for sending me a Birthday Greeting. It's bittersweet today, I am with my mom and she started sharing with me memories of my dad on the day I was born. I miss him so much, but I am glad to get this first birthday over with since he died.

Then a widower friend of ours took my mom and myself out for lunch at a Thai Restaurant for my birthday.

I love you all alot!!!

Cheers,
Cathi

#195025 - 12/02/09 03:58 AM Re: December Birthday....Thank you [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Oh, Cathi, I found my first birthdays hard too; it was hard after Dad died, harder after Mom died and then excruciating after Gary died because for years Gary and I had been working hard to outdo the other for each birthday (and Christmas). That first birthday (and Christmas) without him were so empty and sad. Even now, I miss his goofy cards and phone calls - and calendars! Don't get me started on the calendars! Sigh. I'm glad you got through your special day okay...Happy birthday, Cathi, and celebrate the life your Daddy gave you, because wherever he is, he's cheering you on and wishing you abundant life.

(Maya Angelou)

#195053 - 12/03/09 12:08 AM Re: December Birthday....Thank you [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Cathi, we make the most of what we have. Glad the birthday turned out OK.

Poet and essayist

#195055 - 12/03/09 12:15 AM Re: December Birthday....Thank you [Re: meredithbead]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Thanks for sharing your experience with me Eagle...I know it couldn't have been easy. I have had the hope by watching you, Dotsie, and the rest of us who have lost someone close to us.

Meredith, I think some times the most of what we have is more than we thought it would be. Thanks for your support ladies.

I am just trying to get through the firsts of everything. As heart wrenching as it is, I think I would've been even more alarmed if I didn't feel this way. It feels normal if that makes sense...

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#195075 - 12/03/09 11:35 AM Re: December Birthday....Thank you [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Mountain Ash Offline

My first birthday being Motherless I tried to hold things together..I mnaged well until I returned home to find a bunch of flowers laid at my back door.My older neighbour had left them.She also left a card saying howshe knew this woud be a difficult day for me..I cried buckets yet there was a release of hurt also..That lady knew due to her own experience.. so I try to be mindful for friends..for their sad days..
the fact I was born in May and she left narcissis from her garden which were browning at the edges made me cry more...this dear old lady was loosing her sight at the time and did not see the fading...but they were wonderful flowers on my birthday and arranged with great respect for her thoughtfulness.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved