The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#195247 - 12/06/09 06:54 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: Josie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Though this is not exactly holiday music, it sure brings back some good boomer nostalgia: 10pm ET PBS Ed Sullivan's Rock'n'Roll Classics: The 60s Memorable music appearances on "The Ed Sullivan Show" from the 1960s. Included: the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Doors, the Beach Boys, the Animals, the Mamas and the Papas, the Young Rascals, Diana Ross and the Supremes, Petula Clark, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Sly and the Family Stone, Tommy James and Herman's Hermits. Paul Shaffer and T.J. Lubinsky host.

Below, Hallmark's "The Christmas Card" is particularly noteworthy imo: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783494/synopsis

Holiday Fare:

Under the Mistletoe Lifetime Dec 6, 5:00pm
All I Want For Chistmas Hallmark Dec 6, 6pm
A Christmas Proposal Lifetime Dec 6, 7:00pm
12 Men of Christmas Lifetime Dec 6, 9:00pm & 11pm
Invasion of the Christmas Lights TLC Dec 6, 9pm
The Christmas Card Hallmark Dec 6, 10pm

#195327 - 12/07/09 05:08 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: Josie]
Josie Offline

Tonight on MTV of all places:

9pm ET MTV World's Strictest Parents A hardworking Utah family take in two entitled teens and teach them the value of a good day's work.

I wonder if a few of our younger kids and grandkids might benefit from watching the above-mentioned program.....

Today's Holiday Fare:
Twas The Night Before Christmas ABCFAM Dec 7, 7:00pm
Cranberry Christmas ABCFAM Dec 7, 7:30pm
Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special FOX Dec 7, 8:00pm
The Man Who Saved Christmas WGN America Dec 7, 8pm
Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town ABC Dec 7, 8:00pm
All I Want for Christmas AMC Dec 7, 8pm
Jack Frost ABCFAM Dec 7, 10:00pm
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives FOOD Dec 7, 10pm (North Pole visit)
A Diva's Christmas Carol Hallmark Dec 7, 10pm

#195339 - 12/07/09 07:52 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Not necessarily Anne, although the $ figures SHOULD. But people who want to smoke will find a way to get the money. I know....I did. Until one day I laid them down and that was that.

If you had a craving for chocolate, you'd go buy chocolate. The devil be damned. If you had a craving for popcorn, same thing. Why not cigs? People who want to smoke, will find a way...even if it means the wrong way, as Josie stated.

I will freely admit that I was at my most creative when smoking. I was also killing my body and my mind...slowly but surely.

Anyhoo...just another 2 cents. I feel for anyone trying to quit. I really do. I was just ready, that's all I can say. I laid them down and that was that.

#195359 - 12/07/09 10:02 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Probably your family, your home, your job....

And by the way, I would AND do put coffee in that category. I'm a coffee junkie...even if I only drink 2 cups a day. If I don't get it in the mornings, somebody is going down....

Imagine how I used to be with coffee AND cigs...when I was out!

#195403 - 12/08/09 05:19 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: ]
Josie Offline

Originally Posted By: Anne327
Josie, at $8.00 per pack, assuming 2 packs a day, that's $16 per day, or....times 365 days per year: $5,840!!! per year to spend on a toxic drug that KILLS.

If that is not enough incentive to make anyone quit, I don't know what is!

Intellectually, I totally agree with you, Anne. It makes absolutely no sense for anyone to smoke for ANY reason.

Yet I remember a time when I would pick up a used cigarette butt FROM THE STREET, rather than go without that "fix" of nicotine. The only cardinal rule I had was that I would not commit an illegal act to afford cigarettes. Yet many people would do ANYTHING to get nicotine.

Money means absolutely nothing when you are going through nicotine withdrawal. As hard as that is to understand, it's reality for many who are seriously addicted to this drug.

Heck, as a nurse, I unconsciously lit 2 cigarettes and had them both in my mouth as I watched my own mother take her last breath in an ICU at age 59 from heart disease and complications of long term tobacco use. (I was near so much oxygen and could have blown everyone up)

Money meant nothing, my health meant nothing.....as long as I could have cigarettes by my side. I never thought I would EVER be able to quit....until the day I did.

Everyone who has a serious addiction to nicotine or any other addictive substance has the potential for quitting. But the solution for each is different, depending on the individual.

I wish I knew how to explain it better......

#195404 - 12/08/09 05:24 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: Josie]
Josie Offline

TV Holiday Fare for Today (eastern time):

Mickey's Christmas Carol ABCFAM Dec 8, 7:00pm
Winnie The Pooh And Christmas Too ABCFAM Dec 8, 7:30pm
A Charlie Brown Christmas ABC Dec 8, 8pm
A Season for Miracles Hallmark Dec 8, 8pm
The Year Without A Santa Claus ABCFAM Dec 8, 8:00pm
A Miser Brothers' Christmas ABCFAM Dec 8, 9:00pm
Ace of Cakes FOOD Dec 8, 8:30pm
Rudolph's Shiny New Year ABCFAM Dec 8, 10:00pm
Our First Christmas Hallmark Dec 8, 10pm

#195411 - 12/08/09 06:09 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: Josie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I never realized there were so many Christmas shows and specials. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

#195541 - 12/09/09 06:15 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: Dotsie]
Josie Offline

It takes a bit of research, since no one list seems to have it all. I try to capture what I can, so we can have a good selection. It sure helps to keep the holiday spirits up a bit.....

Tonight is Barbara Walter's annual holiday special:

10pm ET ABC Barbara Walters's 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009 Walters' 17th annual "Most Fascinating People" special. Included: Adam Lambert, Lady Gaga, Tyler Perry, Kate Gosselin, Sarah Palin, talk-show host Glenn Beck, the NFL's Brett Favre, South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford and Michael Jackson's children (Paris, Prince Michael I and Prince Michael II). The final person is announced on the program.

See also: 10pm ET FOOD Dinner: Impossible: Robert and Guy's Holiday Havoc Guy Fieri surprises Robert Irvine and presents him with his challenge: create an over-the-top holiday meal for the Boys and Girls Club of Santa Rosa, Cal.

Other Holiday Fare:

Shrek the Halls ABC Dec 9. 8pm
L.A. County Holiday Celebration 2009 PBS Dec 9, 8pm
Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town ABC FAM Dec 9, 8pm
The Nightmare Before Christmas DISNEY Dec 9, 8pm
Secret Life of Christmas FOOD Dec 9, 8pm
A Boyfriend for Christmas Lifetime Dec 9, 9pm
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Misfit Toys ABC FAM Dec 9, 9pm

#195553 - 12/09/09 07:20 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: Josie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Josie, if I can remember to do so, I'm watching Top Chef tonight. I've never seen it and people are raving about it. Since we purchased our Thanksgiving Cook-Off prizes from their site, I feel the need to see it at least once. I understand this is the last show.

#195577 - 12/09/09 10:20 PM Re: Holiday Fare 2009 [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I've seen A Boyfriend for Christmas and it's cute. I'm so hooked on the cooking shows though that I rarely switch off the Food Network nowadays. Unless, of course, Castle is on! Wuhoo, hubba, hubba!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved