The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#198547 - 01/26/10 09:04 PM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: Josie]
Mountain Ash Offline

This topic interests me..
partly due to not knowing anyone here in my circle who brags about being retired.Maybe the fact we have universal healthcare allows more security.But those who are retired mostly talk about their volunteer work and how time passes so quickly.I hear from people "how did we have time to work"
we also have recession here so that is a shared fact.

#198558 - 01/27/10 12:37 AM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: Mountain Ash]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I guess it's an "American" thing...bragging about retirement. Some of us did not work for bureaucrats and struggled with work. Henceforth, did not get a HUGE retirement package or was ever offered an early one. Sooooooo, we all have to continue working the rest of our breathing days.

I'd love to be able to volunteer, but oh well. That's my life and I"m living it the best that I know how. Thankfully my DH and I have created something that we enjoy immensely!

#198589 - 01/27/10 02:36 PM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Di,
You have a lovely home, many animals, an awesome business, and
sound happily married. You're a beautifully sweet person. I'd
say you don't need to brag, everything speaks for itself.
Like Josie said, folks who brag, are generally insecure about
something and want life to sound better than it really is. My friend who bragged nonstop, was very unhappy in his private
relationships. I think he was convincing himself that he was
successful to cover up other stuff. Don't know why anyone brags
about retirement; by the time a person retires you'd think
they'd be smart enough, old enough, and wise enough not to brag.
LOL...

#198663 - 01/28/10 08:19 AM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: jabber]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Well said Jabber!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#198667 - 01/28/10 01:58 PM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Di Offline

And I also feel that, here in our area, there's been a HUGE influx in the recent few year of retirees/boomers have moved here with "stars in their eyes". Escaping cold weather, family "problems" etc. Glad to be retired etc. They've sold their homes for mucho bucks to come here to a lower cost of living. Having literally "no worries". Then feel the need to brag about their "new lives'.

I also guess I'm a bid miffed at the large population growth here lately as well.

Such is life!

#198672 - 01/28/10 02:19 PM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Just ignore 'em Di! People who really have it made, don't have
to brag. The obvious speaks for itself!

#198677 - 01/28/10 02:48 PM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

My village is sought after due to its rural locality and transport network giving a train staion nearby and main motorway to cities.Also near coast and golf.
what we have is incoming families who build then build some more.Making great profit. Buying any house building in the garden and changing the style of the village by creating homes unlike the core village architecture.
There are three families who have done this .build sell build another up to four times.
and I heard that one couple now intend to settle in a nearby bigger town..quote..they prefer more people around them.
I have never objected to any plans..these folks know the system inside out and would achieve what the want in the long run..
No doubt in the long run these changes would have happened anyway but it was all so rapid..My older house and those like it would sell very quickly due to the garden size..but I was happy with the village as it was..I dont loose sleep over it life is too short..these families all have outside work as well as speculating..

#198708 - 01/29/10 02:32 AM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't mean this for anyone here but all this talk made me want to create a limmerick/poem, so here goes...

It's a drag, when you brag,
make others feel like they lag,
your head they'd love to bag,
because no one likes a nag,
all your boasting makes your popularity sag,
and spotlights your inner hag.
So heed my words, never brag!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#198710 - 01/29/10 03:22 AM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Hahahaha...Way to go Chatty !!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#198712 - 01/29/10 04:22 AM Re: Bragging about retirement [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Di Offline

How apropos, Chatty. Love it!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved