The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#193054 - 11/02/09 05:43 PM A Warning...
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I just wanted to pass along a warning.

A co-worker told me this story over coffee this morning. I think she was VERY lucky that something bad didn't happen to her.

She went out last Saturday night with friends to a bar. She had 1 drink before dinner, one with dinner, then later one more. She had 1 shot with a friend, then about half an hour later "felt funny" and went to the bathroom.

Her friends knew she was in there and kept checking on her. She finally threw up after over two hours and felt better. But she had no idea she'd been in there that long. She said she did not feel "drunk" after throwing up.

I think she was drugged, but she said the shot just pushed her over the edge. However, three drinks and one shot over the course of a 7 hour night doesn't sound overly excessive to me.

Just wanted to pass along a warning. Things can and DO happen to women every day. Just my opinion, but she was lucky she had friends there looking out for her.

Whirlwind

#193062 - 11/02/09 07:46 PM Re: A Warning... [Re: Whirlwind]
BlessedOne Offline

Loc: CA
Hi, I have a friend that has started drinking alot. She would meet me for lunch and have a drink. And then pick up kids from school. Of course I mentioned it to her, but she said she was going through so much in her life that she wanted to. Well, eventually , she had had two glasses of wine at lunch one day, and a policeman stopped her on her way home. He told her that most women do not realize how one drink let alone two affect their body. Even if they eat with it and have coffee after. She was arrested and had to wear an ankle bracelet and had her license taken away from her for a year. Unfortunetley, though she says that she learned her lesson, her life was already on a downward spiral where where she divorced her husband of 20 years, and continued to visit bars most nights until she met her present unchristian husband...Her life at 40 plus is a complete opposite of what it was before and she has three teenage girls that are watching her changes. She is doing everything that she raised them not to do. My heart aches for her. I know this has gone off subject...but...I don't know what to do. She knows that I don't condone anything, but I remain her friend because most of her church friends and family have disowned her. She does not think she has a problem, says she still believes in God, but her life does not show it at all. She says she believes God wants her to be happy, and this is what makes her happy now after 20 years of a Christian marriage to someone she says she never really loved. frown

#193685 - 11/10/09 10:37 PM Re: A Warning... [Re: BlessedOne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My grandmother always said regarding cigarettes, liquor and drugs: "what you never start, you'll never miss or become addicted to." Go grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#194018 - 11/16/09 02:58 PM Re: A Warning... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Grandma knows best!

#194486 - 11/24/09 01:36 AM Re: A Warning... [Re: jabber]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
BlessedOne, I'm sorry about your friend. You can do nothing but be there for her. She will have to bottom out and find herself.

I have to ask this question because I really don't understand. What's the deal with a Christian marriage if it isn't good?

I have a friend who always says she just wants a good Christian man. I keep asking her what's wrong with a good man. I just don't get it. She still hasn't found a good man. And believe me, she's tried.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#194583 - 11/25/09 01:45 PM Re: A Warning... [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I would continue to be a freind to her, and I would also draw near to her teenage duaghters. They are probably confuse, and that's a tough enough age as it is.

#194666 - 11/25/09 11:08 PM Re: A Warning... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Such good advice! Dotsie you are one of the kindest women I know.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved