The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#194704 - 11/26/09 10:22 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm so glad she finally got her chance! -- and at a not-young age, which tells us to never give up on our dreams.

Poet and essayist

#194931 - 12/01/09 12:12 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
In our local paper in the entertainment section they stated that Susan Boyles album has passed four million in sales, and has broken all records in Europe including the standing record the Beatles have held all these many years. They also stated this does not take into account the albums sold in America already and noted on Amazon. Good for you Susan Boyle give 'em hell!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#194940 - 12/01/09 04:44 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I absolutely adore this woman...no one is more deserving of this success than she. God bless her, may her career only get better and better and I hope her team of managers protect her from those who would take advantage if they could. We are so blessed to have this voice of an angel amongst us. My favorite, thus far, is Wild Horses.

#194944 - 12/01/09 10:47 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

Do you remember Cherie Blair the UK Prime Ministers wife being photographed in her nightdress shortly after the election.Well Susan was caught at her door also in night attire.Tabloids used it of course.
This sort of thing is what she is putting up with.Seems her manager has a security firm at the gate now..she will need support for all this pressure..

The music Dee is wonderful..looking forward to her next album already..

#194948 - 12/01/09 11:34 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Her story is the perfect midlife woman's story. How marvelous that she had the guts to go out for the show. She deserves everything that's come her way since.

#195407 - 12/08/09 05:54 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Dotsie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Tune in this coming Sunday for a Susan Boyle bio-special:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Piers-Morgan-Boyle-1012863.aspx?rss=keywords

#195409 - 12/08/09 06:06 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Josie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Looks like a neat show. Now if I can only remember to watch.

#195490 - 12/09/09 04:04 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Dotsie]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
NOt sure if I can get this channel or not... bummer!

#195505 - 12/09/09 10:32 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

In no way to detract from Susan who deserves all her popularity..There is another young singer whose voice is inspirational.I copied something about her..maybe you can hear something on Youtube..you will enjoy.

Faryl Smith (born 23 July 1995 in Kettering, Northamptonshire, England) is an English teen mezzo-soprano who rose to fame after auditioning for the second series of the ITV television talent show Britain's Got Talent in 2008, performing as a mezzo-soprano. She received praise throughout the competition, and although she was the favourite to win after the second round, she finished outside the top three in the live final on the 31 May. During the competition, she received singing lessons from Yvie Burnett and received offers from various record labels. After the show, she rejected offers of contracts from Sony BMG, although she did appear on fellow finalist Andrew Johnston's debut album One Voice.

Smith signed a contract with Universal Classics and Jazz for a £2.3 million advance in December 2008, the largest ever granted to a schoolgirl. Her debut album, Faryl, was recorded in December 2008 and January 2009, and was released in March 2009. Faryl became the fastest selling solo classical album in British chart history, selling 29,200 copies in the first week. It debuted at number 6, but rose to number 4 in the following week, making Smith the third Britain's Got Talent contestant to have a top ten album. Her second album, Wonderland, is due for release in November 2009. Smith lives with her parents in Kettering, where she attends Southfield School for Girls.

#195506 - 12/09/09 10:42 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Katherine Jenkins...one of my favoured singers..(husbands pin up.)singing with Faryl.
Do google this..

Faryl Smith sings Amazing Grace-BGT-Live Tour ...
2 min 3 sec - 28 Jun 2008
www.youtube.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved