The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#194524 - 11/24/09 08:51 PM Susan Boyle
Mountain Ash Offline

Well our Scottish lass has released her album..
and the content is worth waiting for...

Susan cared for her Mother who died aged 91..used her savings to make a demo tape..got herself noticed..brought out the best and worst in people..

she did Parish visits..sung at Knock pilgrimages as well as her church.shw was loved by many.

Susan gives me spiritual inspiration...listen to some of her songs and be moved...I cannot choose my favourite... all are good.

may she have a save passage in the world of show biz..and have support..she deserves the best.

Edited by Mountain Ash (11/24/09 08:51 PM)

#194526 - 11/24/09 09:40 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
It was reported that the pre-orders for her first album has broken the record at Amazon. I am so pleased for her. I find her rendition of "How Great Thou Art" very prayerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTcG76aUsxs

#194531 - 11/24/09 11:25 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Lola]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I must hear, How Great Thou Art. Not only is it one of my all time favorite hymns, but it has been sung at every funeral in my family. And yes, we will be singing it again this Friday. Perhaps I should just play Boyle's version.....

I am off to listen.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#194532 - 11/24/09 11:39 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Does the album have Christmas music? Anyone know?

#194533 - 11/24/09 11:40 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

#194536 - 11/24/09 11:48 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Dotsie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
As I am typing, I am listening to "How Great Thou Art". How does a person live, with such inner beauty, and such talent, without recognition for so long?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#194543 - 11/25/09 12:42 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My copy should be here tomorrow! Can't wait!!

(Maya Angelou)

#194567 - 11/25/09 10:54 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

So much has been said about this lady..
she did not come from poverty.she maybe was lonely without her role as carer.yet she knew she had her dream.
she is the last child in a large family with older parents..her schooling was before Warnock act in UK where more assistance was given to teachers of pupils who had additional needs.had she been born later her education would have been "kinder" by that I mean those who were unkind would have been educated better..The name calling would have been stopped and those people taken to one side.That pattern existd all too often.

Those who depleted her confidence in the schoolyard will be aware how cruel they were.she lives in a small community.
her legacy to others is multiple...not just music.
from what I hear...she has tried to break in to acting/drama but at college did not have the emotional stamina to cope.Hence the need for help in her early education.Money may now buy expertise and fill her additional needs.I believe this to be possiblr.

Everyone wants a part of her...the feminist movement..the media..but if she gathers a good team and her brothers protect her from sharks..then long may she flourish...the cd is well produced and this may be her forte..where the pace can be monitored.the chat show people who ask about her cat...ask for a twirl should be told off...listening to how other express their opinions about Susan has taught me so much.About societies perception on diversity.
my opinion is that we judge her voice...and learn to put other misconceptions to one side.
I enjoyed buying her cd...and enjoyed listening..
Eagle...you have a treat in store.

#194570 - 11/25/09 01:07 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anno, I've asked myself the same question. I enjoyed MA's thoughts.

#194671 - 11/26/09 12:04 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I believe that old saying; Looks are deceiving, is echoed everytime this wonderful, talented lady opens her mouth and that angelic voice emerges. Bless her heart.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved