The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#191027 - 10/04/09 11:59 AM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: Dotsie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Heathy eating featured for me as a child no fast food places at all here.so plain fair..eg. soups one meal of protein a day from either fish caught locally and meat made into stews..Home grown vegetables or local farmers produce..always milk made into many types of sweets..custard semolina and rice puddings.my children ate very similar foods then later pasta came into my home as did stopping eating red meat and having chicken in its place...one thing we do wrong is our baking..ok when its for special days but every would be too much sugar.
We always have cereal for breakfast. I use honey when I need sweetness.my one weekness is potato crips..I ration myself to low fat and only once a week..bad me

#191032 - 10/04/09 03:51 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
MSCOACH...what about using some of this, some of that. In other words, I DO have a bit of fat in my diet, but I also use non-fat sour cream. You see? Like yesterday I had tacos...I used regular taco shells, lean ground beef, non-fat sour cream and salsa. The meat has some fat in it no matter how much you drain it...but the sour cream, nope.

So I do a little of this, a little of that. I know my body needs some fat in the diet.

What I am alarmed to read from your post is that keeping it totally out of our diets can lead to diabetes...or did I read that wrong?

Tell again about your upcoming coaching program for healthy eating. I wanna know more. Or if you want, email me the particulars...either way.

G

#191056 - 10/04/09 06:41 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mountain, I used to love to bake, and did quite a bit of it when the kids were growing up. I rarely bake these days because everyone is diet conscience, but I miss it. There's soemthing satisfying about baking up a batch of chocolate peanut butter ship cookies, or fruit breads, then having them around for a few days to enjoy with a small glass of milk. YUM!

Yesterday I made a batch of applesauce. Boy is it good. The only thing I added was a little bit of cinnamon.

#191076 - 10/05/09 05:53 AM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Do you bake Xmas cookies, Dotsie?

#191649 - 10/13/09 02:34 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: Eagle Heart]
mscoach Offline

Loc: Hampton Bays, NY
Hi Eagle Heart and thanks for the welcome back.

You are an intuitive eater. Butter is a natural product whereas margarine, transfats or not is not so your body does not know what to do with it. It does not process it well and that's, in my humble opinion, why you feel haywired--great new word by the way.
Butter is not a problem in the amounts you mentioned. It's a great source of tasty fat which digests easily for most. Margarines however are pretty much junk food.
Nice to be back.

#191651 - 10/13/09 02:37 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: mscoach]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
EW, I used to bake about 8-10 differnt kinds of cookies when the kids were little. Now I only make a few batches. How about you?

mscoach, I recall when everyone said better was bad for us. Times change things, and this is one change I'm enjoying!

#191653 - 10/13/09 02:43 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: jawjaw]
mscoach Offline

Loc: Hampton Bays, NY
Hey Ms Queen,

I think you are doing just fine with your little bit a this and little bit a that. I'm against non fat foods because of the chemical structure of them--they ain't real food anymore. But a little isn't going to buy you the farm by any stretch. You sound like you are eating a well balanced diet and most important of all--it's working for you.
This is the point to really take home from all of this science of healthy eating. There is a factory specified diet that is what our basically neanderthal systems does best on. BUT we are all biochemically individuals and as such one gal's energizing burger is another gal's energy killer.
When I said that not having fat in your diet can lead to diabetes--more or less said that--it's because fat does not raise blood sugar. It is an blood sugar neutral food. It helps slow the digestion of sugars and foods that turn into sugar and some fats--like coconut oil--actually boost metabolism. What's going to push someone into the condition--reversible 99% of the time--called diabetes is unstable blood sugar and the resulting surges in insulin.
Dr. Julian Whitaker's book Reversing Diabetes is a great place for anyone with this condition or pre-diabetes to get some good solid info on how this is possible, why, and the program to follow.

#191739 - 10/14/09 11:45 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: mscoach]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
MsCoach, Dr. Julian Whitaker is the official expert of reversing diabetes and what you said about good fats is exactly right. He has a clinbic in Newport Beach, CA. and you can go stay there for a week or two and by the time you leave you will be off most of your medications, usually all of them, and be diabetes free, blood pressure normal and in good health generally. He does most of this with the correct foods. The man is a God and I say that with all my heart. I get his news letter monthly.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#191823 - 10/15/09 08:03 PM Winning the Battle against Insomnia [Re: orchid]
sowhatsusan
Unregistered

I've lived with chronic insomnia for the past three years. I ended up having to take prescription medication for three months and was unable to work during that time. Not because of the medication but because I was barely functional.

Since buying the book "I Can Make You Sleep" by Paul McKenna, I have been gaining ground on my battle against insomnia. I no longer take prescription medication and I seldom use over the counter meds. It's been one month since I read the book.

The quality of my sleep has vastly improved and I am no longer napping. The final hurdle I am working on is establishing a healthy sleep cycle.

There is hope out there ladies. Sweet dreams!

#191940 - 10/16/09 09:59 PM Re: Winning the Battle against Insomnia [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I also read that one should never do anything in their bedroom but sleep,(and whatever else comes natural if married.) If not aqble to fall asleep in a half an hour get up, walk around, have a cup of warm milk and try again.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved