The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#191524 - 10/11/09 07:15 PM Brain Overload
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dotsie, funny you should ask me if I ever rest. If I could; I think I would do a lie around marathon for about a week.

We just finished remodelling our granddaughter’s room, because we think she may have some allergy problems. So we ripped out the carpet, put in parquet, painted the walls, and ceiling. We finished putting the furniture in about an hour before she arrived.

Between house showings, my granddaughter’s overnights, my mother, and personal invitations, I have been getting appointments mixed up. Or as my DIL would say, I’ve been getting brain farts. hahaha. Like this morning Hubby and I packed "A" with her new bicycle, and Mom with her new walker, into our car, to drive for two hours, out in the boondocks to visit friends who invited us all over for a Peking Duck dinner. When we arrived, our granddaughter was sound asleep, so was my mom,....and guess what? No one was home. Huh? I checked my calendar...and good Lord...the invitation is for NEXT Sunday. All I could think of was; thank God they weren't there...How embarrassing is that!!!

So we turned around, and had a great steak dinner at a restaurant near-by. While cutting my mom’s roast beef, my cell phone rang. Some lady screamed some juicy obscenities into the phone at me. Apparently I stood her and her family up, who had made an appointment, about a month ago, to look at a house. Boy, was she cooking. Of course I apologised and all, which didn’t help any. But you know, I was so exhausted, I didn’t even really care.

I guess, this is what it’s like when the brain short- circuits. Anybody else get these brain far…. ahem….indigestions? Please tell me you do.

Um….am I at the right forum here? Gosh, I hope so.

#191526 - 10/11/09 07:23 PM Re: Brain Overload [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Oh, yeeeeeees. I call it my "senior moments" and blame it on menopause. I had gone to pick up a friend for our weekend out-of-town trek before sunset. Only to be told by her husband that I was one week early.

And, misplacing things? Heck! I've done that as well. Quite classic really but, I am only telling if you want to know. It really beats the "coming into the room and forgetting what you were there for" sort.

#191528 - 10/11/09 07:32 PM Re: Brain Overload [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Lola, thank you for letting me know I'm not alone! I was beginning to feel like I'm catching up to my mother.

I know you are a multi-tasker too. I mean, I didn't even do this much multi-tasking when I was younger! I don't think I could have handled it.

#191538 - 10/12/09 01:40 AM Re: Brain Overload [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
People tell me how organized I am...If they only knew, LOL...
I write everything down on my calendar immediately, and everyday besides my morning prayer it is the first thing I look at. I also look at it every night before bedtime to be sure I don't have to be up early the next day for anything. I would be totally lost if it weren't for my calendar, and thats no joke.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#191542 - 10/12/09 08:57 AM Re: Brain Overload [Re: chatty lady]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I also write everything down all the time. I look at my lists morning, noon and night because sometimes there are changes.
But really, I need a new voice recorder. LOL!

#191556 - 10/12/09 03:39 PM Re: Brain Overload [Re: diamond50]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You know Diamond, that reminds me...I used to use this small digital tape recorder...then one day I decided to take it to the VA home while visiting daddy. He's deceased now. I have the recorder packed away because I can't bring myself to turn it back on and hear his voice. I would do a tailspin. But I also cannot bring myself to use it again for anything else in fear that I might accidentally erase his beautiful voice. Silly, isn't it? But that's me.

Speaking of brain farts...when you find your cell phone in the freezer, then we'll talk.

#191560 - 10/12/09 04:38 PM Re: Brain Overload [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
or the milk in the cupboard, or the glasses you can't find because they're on your head, or the cell phone you can't find as you're getting out of the car, because you're talking on it.

All of these things are why I was so interedted in hearing about the brain function book chatty was reading. My probelm is I don't have time to do those brain stimulating activities.

I've even gone down to throw the clothes in the dryer, to learn that I'd already thrown them in the dryer. How pathetic is that? Honestly, I didn't even remember doing it.

#191561 - 10/12/09 04:39 PM Re: Brain Overload [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh, and how many of us have heard, "I know Mom. You already told me that." I can't recall who I've told what so on and on I go.

#191565 - 10/12/09 04:53 PM Re: Brain Overload [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Quote:
or the cell phone you can't find as you're getting out of the car, because you're talking on it.

LOLOLOL! Done that and wearing the t-shirt!

#191569 - 10/12/09 05:04 PM Re: Brain Overload [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

How funny. I've done it, and I also witnessed my husband doing the same! Nuts.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved