The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#192619 - 10/26/09 02:20 PM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dotsie, how are you feeling? Hopefully pain free.

Jabber, isn't jaw deterioration sort of like osteoporosis? I would read up on osteoporosis prevention. Certain vitamins can prevent and or even heal. Good thing you are under reg. dental care.

#192676 - 10/27/09 01:21 PM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Ed3,
I was on Actonel for years; until my SIL told me many women
suffer from jaw deterioration due to osteoporosis meds. I think Saundra has done research along these lines. Decades upon decades I had a large space, where 2 teeth had been extracted when I was very young. I switched dentists and the newest dentist suggested I have implants put in because the other teeth, top and bottom, were trying to compensate for the space and were pushing towards the area to close the gap. I had the implants and that corrected the problem. But they're still monitoring the jawbone to make sure it hasn't kept on deteriorating. Thank God, thus far, everything is fine. And it was 5 years ago, that I had the implants, implanted. But yes. Ed3, a weak bone density test, provoked the GYN to start me on Actonel.

Edited by jabber (10/27/09 01:23 PM)

#193018 - 11/01/09 03:55 PM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
EW, I'm totally better except for a back, top tooth which feels like it's too big. I'm thinking my gum could still be a bit swollen. It gets better all the time and causes no pain. THanks for asking.

#207099 - 08/26/10 01:46 PM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
As an update, since we're posting about this again in another thread, those medicines prescribed were miracle workers. I believe that since I was diagnosed so early on and didn't have to live with the pain all that long, it worked immediately.

I went to the neurologist and he said it must have been TN. Since that treatment worked, he said he'd do the same thing again, but that isn't how he typically treats it. I should have asked him what medicines he used, but was so thrilled to get that exam over, that I never asked.

The tooth in the back of my mouth on the top left, stayed weird for a bit. It felt too big for my mouth. I think my gum must have been swollen. It eventually went back in place after many weeks. NOthing since. Hoping this post can help everyone suffering!

#207149 - 08/28/10 12:08 PM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
My Gosh..I knew nothing about all of this! I guess I better get some dentist work done. I have been putting it off for ages because I donīt like dentists either- Not at all!

I am so glad that you are feeling better, Dotsie! What an experience!

HUGS!

#207291 - 09/01/10 10:13 PM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: Edelweiss3]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Dotsie,

Steve is feeling much better today, tooth pain wise, but he ended up having to have a tooth pulled yesterday. It was cracked, and no one can say when or how it might have broken. So I'm sure he wasn't ahving the same challenges you have been experiencing, but he WAS clenching his teeth at night.

Hope you are feeling better...

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208255 - 10/08/10 12:53 AM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am still fightinhg my broken nasty painful tooth but when it hurts I take lots of vitamin C in supplement form and the npain is gone in half an hour but I know the Dentist is in my future. I am terrified of him...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#208396 - 10/13/10 01:31 PM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

I hear ya, Chatty. I don't like dentist either, or doctors', or physical tests, or any of that stuff!

Edited by jabber (10/14/10 01:38 PM)

#208397 - 10/13/10 02:49 PM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I always hated the dentist - don't know why but it may have something to do with my keen sense of hearing and the drill sounds echoing through my whole body. But I have finally found a good dentist and periodontist who are very patient and gentle. It makes a big difference!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#208426 - 10/14/10 01:40 PM Re: Wicked Toothache [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

yonuh,
The word [gentle] is what drew me to my current dentist. And
every employee there is very careful to be gentle in all they
do. I don't mind it so much any more.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved