The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#190639 - 09/27/09 10:55 AM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Shear delight, MA. That it topped the charts is behooving of a great song, singer and era. Quite remarkable in the current trend of ram-bunctious music.

P.S.

In the manner of the familiar phrase: "I'll be back"...as one must head for Sunday Mass in the Church with a sheeple. grin I shall also try not to break out in a chuckle as one proceeds to read from the Lectionary and when one catches a glimpse of the congregation in the pewes.

Edited by Lola (09/27/09 11:05 AM)

#190640 - 09/27/09 11:55 AM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

Well Lola
I have just come back from Harvest Thanksgiving.
The table groaned with produce...a large harvest loaf and the vestubile had a table with every thing Gods earth provides.These donations will be taken to thew wider community in need later.
Our hymns were typically seasonal..but the theme of what we should hold dear...Our daily bread..
of course bread means everything we need in my mind.
Sheep yes....somewhere I guess sheep are part of harvest..
They nibble the coarse grass that the cows leave when they pull and ruminate so sheep are in the pasture near the grain that makes the bread..and so on.

Back to ladies fashion..
Today I wore a woollen jacket

PS If you buy Quaker oats with the farmer who grows the grain on the back of the pack...thats one of our congregation

#190644 - 09/27/09 03:18 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Is that picture on the box really one of your neighbors? I ran into the kitchen to check out my own box, but it wasn't the one with the pic on it.

By the way, the weather here has gone from humid and wet, wet, wet, to foggy and cool. It's very pleasant here right now with the cooler temps. I'm thinking it is almost time to move the winter things out and store the summer. Another passage...

#190648 - 09/27/09 06:53 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Still 100 here - wish it were wet and cool! Though we're supposed to have a 'cold' spell late next week with highs in the high 80s.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#190729 - 09/28/09 11:48 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: yonuh]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wednesday it is suppose to go down into the 70's and stay cool from then on. It is 102* out today. I will be sooooo happy to see fall arrive.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190736 - 09/29/09 08:28 AM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

JJ all the grain grown on a specific farm..the farmer get to have his picture on the box (That is for Quaker oats processed locally.)
this farmer is from landed gentry...these people who were Lords...and now work the land much land may I say and care for the countryside egologiclly.His Mother is big in the countryside asscociation.Good people.but different farmers are featured.
Just that our minister on sunday showed the wee ones the box and told them about Robert.They all looked round with big eyes...no doubt the sales will rise for oats this week.Ha ha.
also we are told which farm our beef comes from and the registered number of the animal...yuk.in the butcher...
whole sides of beasts get carried in and the men carve in the back..I buy chicken there...so far they dont have names..Ha ha again.

strawberries potatoes give the farm they came from too.

#190738 - 09/29/09 12:51 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mountain, buying food closer to home is finally taking place where I live. There are a couple restaurants who will only buy their foods within a certain mile radius. WE were in a restaurant in the city and one of the boys with us bought a burger because the beef was from a farm in his neighborhood. This is new for us. How neat is that?

#190804 - 09/30/09 08:28 AM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Orchid, I wear lycra gym pants and shorts which are tight, but I'm looking more for street wear that's not quite as spray-on. Even most of the name-brand gym clothing is low-rise which annoys me to no end.

Mountain Ash and Lola, if I ever get my passport, I'll join you on the English/Scottish craft fair & festival circuit.

Poet and essayist

#190831 - 09/30/09 02:25 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: meredithbead]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My this thread is all over the place!

Let's see - I love haggis, and still do even after I know what it is. I loved having porridge in Scotland with Drambuie poured on top.

I would love to know when this craft fair is, MA. Depending on how Dennis is doing, we are thinking about London in August this year so we can spend a few days in Edinburough for the festival. If we do, we will plan on seeing you.

I wear hats in the winter, but only to and from the car. I take it off as soon as the car has heated. I got a really cute on in Ireland this summer - made with Donnegal (?)

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#190832 - 09/30/09 02:29 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My stupid Vista is playing tricks on me, and I got cut off.

The hat has points and beads in three corners on top. It''s terrific and I look forward to wearing it.

I did purchase multi-seasonal clothes this year in a size that will fit my new, filled out tummy and butt. I have finally admited that I have put on lots and lots of wieght. I purchased mostly grays and blacks, skirts and pants, with most white shirts. I have color, but not too much. I am going to stick to the basic colors, if not styles, this year.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved