The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#190549 - 09/25/09 07:32 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama

#190550 - 09/25/09 07:40 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Oooooooooh...I love the cloche look. Thanks, JJ. It's also low enough to keep my ears warm and not leave a line across the forehead! Must get one and a huuuuuuge cabbage rose for the side. One sometimes has this urge to be like Eliza.

#190559 - 09/25/09 08:45 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I love hats period. Unfortunately, I look like a bag lady in one. I'll take a pic sometime and show you what I mean. But don't you just love them?

#190577 - 09/26/09 01:47 AM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When I was in high school I worked in a fancy ladies retail store, the name escapes me, anyway I worked in the coat, purse, hat, scarf, gloves department and modeled different hats. Back then they were in style more than today. They had a fashion show once a month for dresses, gowns. That was a blast! I hate hats now...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190580 - 09/26/09 02:49 AM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I absolutely love hats, and have at least 15 knitted or crocheted varieties I've gotten from other crafters. A lot of variations on beret. It's 90 here now, so it'll be a while before I get to wear any of them again.

This summer I took 3 old shorts that I loved and had lost all the elastic in the waistband, and took them to a tailor for new elastic. That was after trying to buy shorts in the stores, and finding nothing.

I might buy leggings this fall if I can find ones with a natural waistband. Everything I saw the other day was low rise -yuk.

Poet and essayist

#190584 - 09/26/09 03:39 AM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: meredithbead]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: meredithbead
I might buy leggings this fall if I can find ones with a natural waistband. Everything I saw the other day was low rise -yuk.

It must be the yoga trend look...relaxed fit...around the tummy, for that low-rise, butt-crack revealing tendencies. I too, find it dismaying. Why encourage one's belly to hang out or expand a bit? Meredith, you have to go to fitness wear shops for leggings/tights with natural waistband...but alot of the stuff there tends to be tight..for aerodynamic purposes in sports. 'Course there's the danger of athetic longjohns which are colourful, natural waistband..but um,,not exactly the right effect. smile

Edited by orchid (09/26/09 03:41 AM)

#190587 - 09/26/09 08:04 AM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: orchid]
Mountain Ash Offline

Meredith
Edinbugh International Flstival draws crafters from all over and hats...one hady had such a stunning show.Expensive yes but her work was first class.
She had bobbly yarn...they seemed based on structured hats from a different era..cloche and brimmed and trimmed.She had feathers cabbage roses and highland theme going.they were multicoloured and toned like the landscape..
cost is relative..her hats was top style but I would have to save a bit.(I may)
Also there were bead by an art lady..each bead different very large...main ones were felted with tiny bead sewn on..chunky and the mixed in were large and in your face in a nice way.Again festival prices but worth the hours spent..need to have a festival money jar...for next year.
This craft fair is a good place to find unique items.I got a jacket there way back and each wear shows me its worth buying there from art trained people.its a wool collarless olive green with matching scarf but a touch of matching velvet at edge it sits so well.These designers go on sometimes to famous houses and I recommend Lola goes when she eventually visits for the Tattoo.Listening Lola?

#190589 - 09/26/09 11:58 AM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Loud and clear, MA. Do we go before or after tea? Haggis even. Must really consider and make time to go further up north than Liverpool.

#190608 - 09/26/09 03:29 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

There is a place where they serve a small portion of haggis in a splendid sauce..touch of drambeuie..with potato and swede..its more a starter...but alas festival is been and gone..
but many events for homecoming..locally a festival of light on St Andrews day 30th Nov.
Toast
"Here's tae us
Whae's like us?
Damn few
And their a' deid"

Translated....Poppie might know

#190610 - 09/26/09 03:39 PM Re: Baby boomer women and fashion/style [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I don't know what Haggis is, MA, but I do know that swede is rutabaga (to us) and I LOVE that...I also like small amounts of Drambuie. This sounds like something I would love to have. I know if it were in Scotland, I would. Sigh...how I miss that place!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved