The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#189481 - 09/07/09 11:23 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: Edelweiss3]
Mountain Ash Offline

For me there is a little bit of God but accept that in a different culture/belief system another way of believing exists

I sit comfortably with people who respect mankind .The world is a vast place with many mindsets.

#189504 - 09/07/09 03:13 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I agree MA. One of the things I most love about my journey is how many spiritual tidbits I've picked up along the way. My road has taken me to so many different mindsets and belief systems, all of which have had a good impact on my soul and opened the eyes of my heart to see just how vast our ability is to create and recreate sacred places. One of the lessons I most cherish learning is that everything and everywhere and everyone is a sacred place - when we have the eyes to see Presence "even here", nothing is exempt, and nothing is beyond His reach - or beyond redemption (that, IMO, is the Good News).

(Maya Angelou)

#189505 - 09/07/09 03:58 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

Many of my tidbits are stored from my childhood.Given freely from family and teachers.Then somewhere all the way they re appear in another form.Sometimes wrapped up in academic text..some things I hear in sermons from my minister and can hear them anew
with adult ears then discuss later .
Nature...tells me much..as do cherished authors and often a child has opened my eyes..their simplist innocence speaking their truth.
You Eagle...I respect your presence.

#189567 - 09/09/09 01:23 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: Mountain Ash]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i messed up my last post can't retrive it.

i was agreeing about nature and childreen being a great calling card for god. I was contrasting this with the crimes of two boys 9 and 7 over last lot of weeks. basicalie they attaked two other boys aiming to get themselfs put in prison. The attake was prolonged sexule and excessivlie violent in its durasion of few hours.

It hurts more when it youngsters that are so blowen off course from who they are in this world. Whomever failed those kids, well all 4 kids but directly failed the violent kids by creating monsters have a lot to answered for. When its adults doing these crimes its bad enough but we're hardened to this type of stuff when its kids doing it its harder to dismiss or accumulate the degree of harm done.

yet it the two kids that are victims that need praying for, then its the two child perpetrates that needs praying for, then their parents and so on down the line.

when we all fail the kids of our country this much we all take a slice of the blame. I hope it can be made better for all kids involved but the generations that still grow up thrown those bitter foundations to life and not come out with a twist in their souls.

i miss the usual and best places to find god when it goes wrong because its were we most expect to find him

#189571 - 09/09/09 01:39 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
celtic, this is also happening in the US; crimes by younger children. I, like you, can only think about how we have fialed these kids as a society. How can children of such young ages be so hateful?

Mountain, a minister once taught me to look for the God in everyone. Even though I was taught as a child, that we are all created in His image, the minister's words at an older age, spoke to me. Ever since, I try to look for the good in everyone. It's there. We just have to find it.

#189572 - 09/09/09 01:40 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I join gims in thanking and loving all who have posted here. Hearing us express our faith is a lovely thing! We have so much to learn from one another.

#189573 - 09/09/09 01:41 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

celtic, I'm posting from the couch while watching the US Open tennis with Ross. I'll give you some studies when I'm posting from my office. Promise!

#189948 - 09/15/09 06:54 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Eagle Heart]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: Eagle Heart
Josie, your post really touched me to the core of my being...I know those feelings so well. Like you, I find ways to stem the tide of the darkest of those feelings. I still can't look at pictures of my family...even going down the staircase where all their pictures are hanging on the wall is sometimes too painful. I miss them so much. I like how your sisters keep helping you to stay strong and alive. I think Gary does that for me too. Keeps reminding me that all of us have our time to live, our purpose to share with others and our loved ones - including God - rooting us on all the way.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Eagle......

I, too, have a wall filled with hanging pictures which faces the library. Every time I pass by the "picture wall," I notice that the picture of my two sisters is crooked. Of about 25 pictures, it is the only picture which leans whenever I pass it.

I believe it is Ronnie & Ellie saying "Hi Josie. We're just letting you know we are here for you." So I straighten out the frame, say hi back, and pass by. It makes me feel like they are watching over me.

57 year old actor-dancer Patrick Swayze passed on last night, leaving his beloved childhood sweetheart & wife of 34 years behind. Some of us are reminded that in the movie "Ghosts," the last thing Patrick's character said to "Molly" before he left this earth went something like, "Love. It's the one thing you can take with you when you die."

I believe that. I know my sisters have my love with them, and I have the memory of their love to sustain me until we meet again soon.

What a re-union it will be for all of us to be together again. Until that time, God still has plans for me here. Sometimes I wish He would hurry up and call me home, but then, I think who am I to tell Him what to do.

Not MY will but THY will be done, Lord. Got it! lol

#189954 - 09/15/09 08:02 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Josie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Josie

I, too, have a wall filled with hanging pictures which faces the library. Every time I pass by the "picture wall," I notice that the picture of my two sisters is crooked. Of about 25 pictures, it is the only picture which leans whenever I pass it.

The same thing with my wall! The entire wall is covered with framed photos, all sizes and shapes, but out of the 50+ pictures hanging there, the only one that's always crooked (despite many attempts to fix, including changing the frame) is Gary's picture. How curious...and heart-thrilling!

I really believe they find ways to reach out and continue sharing that love with us...I've read many near-death experiences and so many of those people say the same sort of thing, that everyone they meet in heaven is rooting for us with more love than we could ever imagine.

(Maya Angelou)

#190214 - 09/19/09 10:41 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Eagle Heart]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: Eagle Heart
Originally Posted By: Josie

The same thing with my wall! The entire wall is covered with framed photos, all sizes and shapes, but out of the 50+ pictures hanging there, the only one that's always crooked (despite many attempts to fix, including changing the frame) is Gary's picture. How curious...and heart-thrilling!

I really believe they find ways to reach out and continue sharing that love with us...I've read many near-death experiences and so many of those people say the same sort of thing, that everyone they meet in heaven is rooting for us with more love than we could ever imagine.

WOW! So Gary says "hi" the same way my sisters do! How lucky we are they can find a way to touch our hearts, that we can physically see and feel.

Thank you Lord, for this special gift.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved