The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#189823 - 09/12/09 10:47 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I for one am not taking any chances. I believe and have given my life over to Jesus Christ. I am hoping for a place in heaven or whatever awaits us in the Lords name. Now if theres is nothing after death none of us will be any the wiser anyway, right?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#205425 - 07/04/10 12:12 AM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
EagleHeart and Mountain Ash -- I know I'm really, really late in reading this, but I wanted to say how much your posts moved me.

Poet and essayist

#205427 - 07/04/10 08:39 AM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

As long as humans have been able to communicate exchange of joy sorrow and worry has allowed growth.and shown compassion
Added to that the written word where an author shares graphic description can allow the sharing of titles.
I am moved by the written word often..and so often the book is just what I needed at that particular time..
Sharing...and caring.. glad you found Eagles post Merideth..

Douglas Kennedy hits the spot for me..wish he had more books..

#205774 - 07/15/10 02:01 AM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
What an incredible forum...touching topic, heart-felt sharing, incredible women and I felt like I was walking on sacred ground as I read through each person's comment...thank you for sharing such a personal story...all of you.

#206386 - 08/03/10 11:47 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Friend Dee, I have found that mostly in this world we get what we give out aqnd you certainly are the poster girl for that statement. You tourself are heart felt, touching in your life and incredible in who you are and you simply are getting what you give to us all...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#206447 - 08/04/10 10:53 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chatty, I agree totally with your comments about Dee...Dee, you shine so brightly into the lives of the people you care about and are a lovely kind heart. I'm glad our lives touch.

(Maya Angelou)

#206452 - 08/04/10 11:02 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

I have to share another Gary-experience. We just spent a week at a military firefighters' reunion in a beautiful part of British Columbia on the west coast of Canada. Gorgeous scenery everywhere. We had a lovely time, with hubby meeting all sorts of people he had worked with over the years.

It was my first time in BC. But while we were touring the small town of Comox (where the base and reunion were), I suddenly realized with surprise that this was the same place my brother Gary had spent several summers as a sea cadet in his teenage years. It really hit me hard while we were watching the parade on Monday (a holiday) and the sea cadet band marched by...I realized that Gary had marched in this same parade, playing his saxophone in the band, a little over 20 years ago. And I was struck with such sadness because I had never thought to ask him about his experience there. I realized how much of his life I had missed out on by not asking questions or being interested in his activities.

I still enjoyed my time, and was glad to see the place he had enjoyed so much all those years ago, but there was a sadness in me the entire time as well.

I now believe that these experiences are meant to teach us lessons that we can carry on into future relationships and encounters. This taught me to step outside of my social timidity and care enough to ask questions about the things that matter to the people who matter to me...while we still can.

Edited by Eagle Heart (08/04/10 11:04 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#206488 - 08/05/10 12:02 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I enjoy hearing about your get-aways. Was your husband a firefighter?

Glad to hear you worked through it. I think most of us missed out on certain segments of our siblings years becasue we were so wrapped up in our own lives at the time. For the most part, it's when we were in our 20s.

My younger sister and I were talking recently and I realized how clueless I was about a certain time in her life. I was away from home and harldy communicating with her at the time. I spoke with Mom and Dad, but not the sibs too much. I find it weird, but it's just the way life played out. Then as we all married and had children, we connected again. Now we talk all the time and are intimately involved in one another's lives.

#206497 - 08/05/10 03:28 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Dotsie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Eagle
I do understand the bitter sweetness of being in a place a loved one spent time.
yes and if we attempt to be connected with those we care about and ask pertinant questions we have learned a life lesson well.
my recent spell staying in a coastal village allowed me to view the sea...sit a while and savour the place that my ancestors lived and died in..it charged my visit with appreciation for how I was abled to have quality time in a place that was significant..kind of paying a personal homage..
so from the other side of the world another was doing much the same as you were...and all around us I suspect others do so also

#206499 - 08/05/10 05:41 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Mountain Ash, I love the thought of both of us sitting beside water contemplating and appreciating connections.

Dotsie, yes, hubby was a firefighter, and fire chief of several Canadian military bases. When he retired, he was the fire marshall for all of the Canadian military naval ships.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved