The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#188802 - 08/25/09 08:51 AM Weekend in Berlin
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Hubby and I spent our 34th anniversary on a long weekend in Berlin. We saw the musical, Dirty Dancing… Wow, it was better than the movie. The weekend was a present from our sons and wives and my brother. Hubby was the sweetest. Maybe, maybe, oh hopefully the leaf has turned.

Berlin is an amazing city; a combination of New York, and Toronto. We took a boat ride along the banks of spectacular buildings. The World Athletics took place while we were there. So much was going on! All the wide avenues were closed to traffic. We walked miles from morning to night. I feel we were gone for weeks. It was so good in so many ways.

Have you ever been to a city that knocked you off your feet? Berlin did that to me. Or maybe it was because Hubby and I reconciled, or just everything combined. Anybody else's partner need a talking to? I'll send my DIL. She works wonders. wink

#188819 - 08/25/09 01:33 PM Re: Weekend in Berlin [Re: Edelweiss3]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
How wonderful to hear this. I'm so happy for you, EW....maybe hubby has evolved! I read something written by Janice Taylor (NABBW weight guru) just yesterday that we need to evolve...

EVOLVE! (Don't just improve.) Improve means to do something better. Evolve, however, means that you permanently and fundamentally change a part of who you are.

Do you love this or what? Again, I've very happy that hubby is looking at you once again as his best friend.

#188845 - 08/25/09 05:47 PM Re: Weekend in Berlin [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, EW!

#188848 - 08/25/09 05:50 PM Re: Weekend in Berlin [Re: Lola]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
No matter what it was, EW, I'm glad it 'knocked you off your feet!' Everyone needs revivals like that. Wink,wink... hope the hubby maintains. We could talk... and from me, too: Happy anniversary!

#188882 - 08/26/09 01:06 AM Re: Weekend in Berlin [Re: gims]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
EW...I'm really happy about this transformation in your marriage...you deserve everything good and loving and peaceful...and wow...Berlin. What an incredible city. I was fortunate to have visisted there 4-5 times while living in Germany. No place on earth like it...Are you going to post any of your photos? You should!!!! Glad you're happy!!!!

#188884 - 08/26/09 01:36 AM Re: Weekend in Berlin [Re: Dee]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Congratulations! Wow, sounds like you had a great time. Where's the pictures?? (G rated, of course!)
smile
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#188937 - 08/26/09 07:38 PM Re: Weekend in Berlin [Re: yonuh]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
EW, congratulations!
Will we be seeing pictures?
I love Berlin. When I lived in Fulda we would take monthly trips to Berlin to visit friends stationed there. It truly is an amazing city!

Hugs,
Cindy

#188960 - 08/27/09 07:01 AM Re: Weekend in Berlin [Re: diamond50]
Edelweiss3 Offline

JJ..what wise words, and they really apply to my situation. Yes, yes, I think your're right. Hubby has evolved...and he's still evolved!

How neat that Dee,(was fascinated by your story about visitng Berlin!), and Diamond have been to Berlin too! So you know what I'm talking about. The quality of our pictures were lousy because we took them with our cell phone, didn't want to lug our heavy camera around.

Not much time today. "A" is coming for 4 overnights. yahoo.

#188963 - 08/27/09 07:43 AM Re: Weekend in Berlin [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Berlin actually bears sad memories for me, EW. It was where my Dad suffered a heart attack from which he never recovered. I'm glad you enjoyed it though and I sift through happier and thrilling memories of my visits to Berlin. One of which would have to be getting picked up by car from Zoo and "smuggled" into East Berlin through Checkpoint Charlie. LOL!

#188968 - 08/27/09 09:24 AM Re: Weekend in Berlin [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Whaaat? Are you joking? Did you really get smuggled into East Berlin?

I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad suffered a heart attack in Berlin. I can see how that association would dim any place.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved