The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#190601 - 09/26/09 02:35 PM Re: Waiting is the Hardest [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Jawjaw, your majesty, I keep thinking I am going through a second hysterectomy, LOL. I really need this rest in all honesty, and I definitely want to catch up on some things that I want to do, but kept putting off. I have been doing more crafts such as crochet, knitting and I am dabbling in knitting crocheting with beads. We have to wear badges at work, and I wanted to wear something nicer around my neck for the badge. So I took some yarn and beads and crocheted a necklace, added the ring on it to clip the badge. Well now I've been getting requests from others at work for some. I also made a cell phone cozy, which I use for my mp3 player, and to my surprise, I am getting requests for these as well. So now I will be able to fullfil these requests.

I love you alot!

Cathi

#190603 - 09/26/09 02:52 PM Re: Waiting is the Hardest [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Girlllllllllllll....you're on to something! Why not make up a dozen of each of these items, and try your hand at selling them at the local flea market...??? Just a thought. In this town, I would think the necklaces for the badge would go over big time. We are a technology town, and everybody here wears a badge.

#190607 - 09/26/09 03:10 PM Re: Waiting is the Hardest [Re: jawjaw]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Others have suggested this to me, and it has crossed my mind. I will see how things are after the 6 weeks. By that time, we will have so many craft bazaars, so the timing will be perfect.

That was another irritating factor. I like to wear long necklaces, but the other badge necklace I had was getting in the way. This way, I kill two birds with one stone!!!

When I get a chance, I'll take a picture of them and post it in the craft section. I'll try to do it sometime next week. It doesn't take long, it's just that I forget to do these type of things. I just finished my daughter's afghan and now I am trying to finish Zoey's. I had to stop in the middle of them for the summer time. I'll post Zoey's when it is done, I did hers with a Tunisian Crochet Hook. I like it very much, it's like weaving.

Cheers,
Cathi

#190609 - 09/26/09 03:36 PM Re: Waiting is the Hardest [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Such talent...I'm so jealous (in a good way).

#190647 - 09/27/09 05:11 PM Re: Waiting is the Hardest [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cathi, your crocheted beadwork sounds awesome...I know a few people who would be interested. If you ever have some to sell, let me know.

As far as the cyst goes, I only just got the news this past week. We have to book the follow-up exam for December and then go from there. Hopefully it's just a cyst! I'm not going to anticipate or worry about it. I've had fibroids most of my life (it was the reason I was given for not being able to have children). They're still there too but I've had them so long I don't know what impact they have on me anymore.

Anyway, I'm just thinking about you and your upcoming operation and praying that all goes well. We HAVE been through a lot together in the past few years, haven't we. We'll see each other through this too. With love!

(Maya Angelou)

#191476 - 10/10/09 04:04 PM Benign Cyst [Re: Eagle Heart]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Hi ladies,

I just came home yesterday from the Hospital. The right ovary I was suppose to have removed 5 years ago did not get 100% removed. This is common when done by laparoscopy. Anyway, it was a cyst the size of a grapefruit that grew from half that ovary. I am relieved it is out and my back is not hurting me anymore either.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know how it went. I had to spend 5 hours in the recovery room because I was low on potassium and they were trying to administer this to me without burning me too death. That really hurt, but they managed to dilute it to a point where I couldn't feel any pain.

Oh well, hopefully I can take advantage of this time off work, and hopefully I will have the opportunity to spend some time with my sisters here!

I would love to call and talk to some of my sisters. If you want, you can PM me your phone number and I will call.

Thanks to all of you who prayed for me, God heard you! He is good all the time!!

Love and Hugs,
Cathi

#191490 - 10/10/09 06:54 PM Re: Benign Cyst [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Mountain Ash Offline

Speedy recovery and I am sure you will use the time to connect with friends..read some books and heal

#191492 - 10/10/09 07:27 PM Re: Benign Cyst [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cathi, such good news. I'm glad you're home safe and sound, and join in wishing you a restful, pleasant recovery. I hope your days are full of rejuvenating relaxation, friends and ever-increasing sense of well-being. Celebrating you!

(Maya Angelou)

#191519 - 10/11/09 05:55 PM Re: Benign Cyst [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
So glad that all of this is behind you. Relax, put your feet up, and take care of yourself.

#191530 - 10/11/09 08:17 PM Re: Benign Cyst [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Glad to know all is done and dusted, Cathi. Did you have a lap procedure again? Nonetheless, remember the mantra: "Do not lift or tug" for the first few weeks in order that you heal well and do not bring about adhesion. Also take plenty of pineapple juice for its healing properties. Rest, rest and more rest.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved