The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#188451 - 08/18/09 02:24 AM Think you got problems?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When we next think things seem to be piling up on us and we are feeling sorry for ourselves, we need to watch this woman from China and hang our heads. Watch the entire video...

http://www.elegantbay.com/main/amazingwoman.htm

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#188462 - 08/18/09 12:42 PM Re: Think you got problems? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
http://www.elegantbay.com/main/amazingwoman.htm

I have a hard enough time doing with my hands, what she does with her feet. I didn't watch the whole thing, but was amazed by her agility and patience. What an inspiration.

#188488 - 08/18/09 06:31 PM Re: Think you got problems? [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
These kinds of videos are truly an inspiration. Everything we take for granted is a gift. And when things don't go our way, it is good to be more aware of these gifts and be thankful.

But, I’m not going to hang my head in shame, because I sometimes feel life is throwing me a curve ball. We all have to deal with our own personal bridges, and sometimes feeling sorry for oneself is necessary to touch base, and then build yourself up again.

#188498 - 08/18/09 10:29 PM Re: Think you got problems? [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I think you're right Edelweiss and sometimes we do have terrible hardships to deal with. I was more speaking to the ones who whine for little or no reason. We all know people like that I bet.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#188521 - 08/19/09 01:54 PM Re: Think you got problems? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Crab fishing is difficult enough using your hands. Don't think
I'd want to do it with my feet! Think I'll think twice before
lodging future complaints.

#188525 - 08/19/09 02:42 PM Re: Think you got problems? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We went to Dad's last night for crabs. My brother and his wife crabbed yesterday and caught a bushel, then steamed them. They jolked off and on about how inept my SIL is at catching crabs. Apparently there's a real craft to this. I couldn't help but think of this video. Like, ehat's the big deal. That woman is amazing.

#188575 - 08/20/09 01:20 PM Re: Think you got problems? [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
She sure is. When we were in Virginia years ago [early 70's], my ex and some friends caught a huge amount of crabs and ate crab for dinner. As I recall, some sort of wire trap is used to haul the creatures in. I'm very inept at catching the critters, too. Someone dared my ex to drink the juice the crabs had been boiled in. And he did. Then he turned green. That tells you something about my first husband! LOL...

#188587 - 08/20/09 05:31 PM Re: Think you got problems? [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
WOW

#188679 - 08/22/09 08:22 PM Re: Think you got problems? [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jabber - ew. That's so gross. They put a ton of pepper esasoning on those things. I'm surprised he didn't do worse than turn green, like maybe grow claws...

#188687 - 08/22/09 11:16 PM Re: Think you got problems? [Re: Dotsie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Saw first half of video. While it's amazing and riveting..part of me also felt sad. Right now the woman is healthy, reasonably happy and agile to be "independent" in her lifestyle without her hands/arms.

I hate to think when she will not be that agile and fit later on, due to reality of aging.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved