The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#186408 - 07/13/09 07:57 PM Congratulations Dotsie
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Afternoon All,
Just wanted to congratulate Dotsie on the teleclass. I listened in via the internet and you did a great job! You have a nice, easy, friendly style and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with you online. Keep up the good work.

On a personal note, I sent my book proposal out to an agent today and got back a very blunt reply. In my cover letter, I listed some statistics about the number of widows every year and the agent's comment was that all those women wanted to write books too. Told her I was sorry to waste her time and I would try elsewhere. I happen to disagree with her and I'm not giving up. You gals have all been so encouraging and supportive, so one agent's opinion isn't going to stop me. Maybe when I'm published, I'll send her a copy of my book. Ha! Ha!

Thanks for listening.
Copygal

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#186420 - 07/13/09 11:40 PM Re: Congratulations Dotsie [Re: copygal]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Copygal, YES! You will send her a copy. You only need that one publisher to see the potential in your book. You may get 20 or more rejects but when you do just think of J.P. Rawlins of Harry Potter fame, and now the "richest woman in the entire WORLD," bar none. She too got one rejection after another and was on welfare. Then that one more manuscript went out and whalla, a publisher took a chance and the rest is history. Keep sending, and sending if thats what it takes.

The athletes have a saying: No pain, no gain.
That also works for us writers.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#186425 - 07/14/09 12:00 AM Re: Congratulations Dotsie [Re: chatty lady]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I concur with Chatty Copygal. When I did theatre, I remember I would get so discouraged when I didn't get that dream part I wanted so badly. But when another opportunity came around, I would take the chance and try again. I have been cast in parts after having to audition for them several times. One thing I noticed though, I didn't do anything different. It just came down to the matter of taste, and those who didn't cast me must've had pretty bad taste, LOL.

Quote:
and the agent's comment was that all those women wanted to write books too

That has to be the dumbest remark I have heard in my life. What planet was this agent from?

Hang in there Copygal!

Cheers,
Cathi

#188320 - 08/15/09 03:52 PM Re: Congratulations Dotsie [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That was a situation of "Open mouth, Insert foot!" Some so called professionals just need to keep their lips zipped, wouldn't you agree?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved