The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#189303 - 09/03/09 05:17 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: jabber]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: jabber
Eagle,
I always look forward to your input. Like you, I've lost many
friends & family recently, people I loved dearly. And my brother
is seriously ill. I love your wisdom and kindness. So please
don't stop posting. Could it be that all your pain in losing loved ones, has made you overly sensitive? Generally, in everyday life, I'm easily hurt. But on BWS I don't seem to let stuff get to me like it does in my everyday comings and goings. Please don't think you stop the flow of what's being said. It isn't that way at all. But many of us R extremely busy; it takes a lot of time to read every thread and every post. Most days I only have time to scan. So please be patient with us and let your wonderful understanding excuse our humanness, if we step on out of line! lol...
Prayers & blessings,

You, Eagle and others help so many here, including me.

Having lost ALL family members older than my 59 year old self, including my beloved sisters, brother, parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc and two including my sister through murder........I am forever scarred by what seems like one tragedy after another.

Thank God for professional help and the support of my husband and online/offline friends. It is their love and nurturing which allows me to share with others who are in the same boat.

Yes, I still mourn deeply and have days when my feelings of wanting to join my sisters get really strong. It can get really scary.

When things get really bad, I take out pictures when we were all small and times were innocent, and I have a good hard cry...Eventually my smile comes through. I think it's because my sisters are sending me messages that until I join them, I must build up more happy "magic moments" for others to remember.

One day at a time....one hour at a time....one moment at a time. Each breath is a gift from the One who will reunite us all in due course.

#189306 - 09/03/09 06:45 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Josie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Wow, so much going on here that's good. Glad to hear you all conversing and sorting things out while I've been off visiting with my son in NYC.

All I can say is that I love all the women here for the wisdom they drop in my lap almost every day of my life. What i have to remember is that we all run in, read, post the best we can, then run on to the rest of our lives. I wish I could hang out here all day because I like some of these conversations better than those in real life, but we all know we can't do that.

All of you plant so many seeds of faith that keep me quessing and growing, and I gather it's the same for amny who read here.

Jabber, all I know is that the more I communicate with God, the more he communicates with me. It just like any other relationship. The more tiem you spend with soemone, the closer you become, the better you know them, the better they get to know you.

Eagle posted something that I interpretted as all that comes from God is love. If it isn't love, it isn't from God. He does all things with love. So when I say I hear his voice, what I typically hear are positive strokes about my life, and also changes I need to make that are spoken by Him through love. Things like, you could have handled that differently, did you really respond in love, wo, you were out of step with that, etc. He tells me how to live, and when I'm wise enough, I listen.

When we get in the habit of checking in with Him each day - to go over the day before, and to place the new day in his lap, I think we can hear Him more clearly.

#189317 - 09/03/09 07:39 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Josie, your post really touched me to the core of my being...I know those feelings so well. Like you, I find ways to stem the tide of the darkest of those feelings. I still can't look at pictures of my family...even going down the staircase where all their pictures are hanging on the wall is sometimes too painful. I miss them so much. I like how your sisters keep helping you to stay strong and alive. I think Gary does that for me too. Keeps reminding me that all of us have our time to live, our purpose to share with others and our loved ones - including God - rooting us on all the way.

(Maya Angelou)

#189320 - 09/03/09 07:45 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Dotsie, I once "heard" God tell me that if I couldn't look myself in the mirror and love who/what I see (which I've not been able to do comfortably most of my life) how did I think I'd ever be able to look Him in the eye. I thought I was crazy, but as I began to listen to Him wooing me in that direction over and over again, I began to understand what He meant. The person in the mirror is His creation too...if I praise and honour Him for all creation, that has to include the person I see in the mirror. That's a hard one for some of us to swallow. But I understand it now....until I can look in the mirror and see beauty and masterpiece, I'm a long way from understanding the depths of His Love for me.

(Maya Angelou)

#189349 - 09/03/09 11:00 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Eagle Heart]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
pheeew this went on and i dint realise it was such a fast going chat, like the rest of you i pop in and out back to face to face people. Sometime for reasons i am isolated in the house and i chat on line .....also i chat when i surrounded by people, the time is spent unevenly but its consistently uneven with everyone and everything. Its all relational for me same as for you all too i am sure.

this faith sections my fav place to read. Sometimes i post sometimes not when i do not how do you know i have even read it? I guess you don't and if i haven't read it in good time for the chat i will eventuatelly read it. I saying i think that no word in this section goes unread. We all come here in different moods for some its only when their happy and can spread love for others its only when their sad and need uplifted. I know i treat these sections of forum differently from others sections. Hear i more likely to get my coat off and shoes off get comfortable and get vulnerable.

i too chated from the hart and not been answered here and elsewhere and it hurt. Sometimes its because theirs no answerer to what i asked or was saying or people couldn't get past my bad spelling to hear what i was asking or expressing. sometimes my post too long with multiple questions, other times i thinking someone else need was more important and focus was on them. who knows and sometimes like some others , lola was saying its about listening.

perhaps we forget how vulnerable and close to our harts the idea of god is for those that read these sections. Like gimas was saying i to sometimes have nothing new to say or do not now what to say to further the chat, of course i might bleather anyway lol.

online chatting so complex any ways its more tricky because its about deep held beleaths and how best to deal with that. I think its to do what eagle did do and say hello did you notice....xyz then we all clear weer we stand. that is if your brave enough to say it which a whole new storie. lol

#189350 - 09/03/09 11:41 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

EAGLE
you said of BWS that theirs a new way of being here? have i missed something? and yes i also play on fb when i do not have brain power to talk or think or want to avoid something in life. for me here serves one function fb another, both are values for what they bring me in life,ts also about practical application for me and time. At lest when you send me on fb a rose or good karma i know you meen to send me love, for others its only a few buttons to click smile
I don't think bws is being replaced or will be lost don't panic.

JABBER
i know dotsie answered you about hearing voice of god but i just wanted you to know i also wondered that very question too.
you could be hearing voice of god but think its random thoughts or memories or perhapps you gotta listen for how she talks with you.

one more question bellow....how i see it and my question if ya don't mind

#189351 - 09/03/09 11:45 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

all; thanks for letting me get a purer grasp on intuition which yep is voice of god too (as it serves in another way)and it was described and explained exilentlie heeer.

one thing eagle touched on was "who are we that god would talk with us" that type of attitude been the big thing that stopped god talking to me with a direct voice as i would never believe it was "the" voice.
An urge was acceptable, the voice of spirit (desesed grand mums or other relative)a though or idea to do something was acceptable. Someone described it as (though processes my owen)verses direct voice (outsider voice).

I also wonder how it can be clearlie seperated/? I know the forms of voice and the loving rule feeling uplifted when its heard etc no argument with that and also I know to garde agenst my own ego or negative energy.

So that's all from god no question or argument their but its from god....originated from god but maybe by time it reaches my ears or just consciousness its from my ...say granmum or guardian angel...or substitute some other intermediate being. Then the question i am asking is how do you get comfortable knowing its god direct without the need for piggies in the middle to carry the message from god to you?

I am thinking its got to be more than practice and doing it. Thrs got to be a change in attitude or is it religous differences? Some religions say its ok and acceptable for god to talk direct to you others treat you as not worthie enough to hear god? Is that one of the diffrenses do you think?
Is it one of self-esteem and thinking you are worthily enough to hear god, direct?
Also did it happen all at once or was it a gradual thing? i am not meaning hearing information from god, practising meditasion or whatever your method may be but when did you hear god for the first? or was it always hearing god from the first you ever heared?

i would love to know, i think their was no messing about one night for me one night distinct from all others nights in my life i heard felt and saw...stuff (chat another day).
However many other nights i listened and heard and some lives been saved, literally my my actions in those moments, other times a big hurt been removed from someone else. Those nights & days I wouldn't say that that was god directlie to me but more a guide or something something powerful but not god itself. Also one last question is god an individuel thing for you....or are you saying god is a type of energy and would thir be a hierarkie to that energie?

thir we go i have expressed that as best i could and its not from a position of not believing it can happen or not believing you...i just want to be accurate on what you think is going on?

I hope that's clear and not offensive to anyone and i can't wait until tomorrow to hear what you all ALL got to say about it , cool

#189355 - 09/04/09 12:05 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: celtic_flame]
Eagle Heart Offline

Wow, Celtic. Amazing questions. And probably as many answers as there are readers here. IMO, I think there are lots of things that hinder our ability to hear God...all of what you've suggested...religious background, self-esteem, fear (on so many levels, including fear of responsibility - fear of being wrong and unintentionally hurting others with what we think we've heard)...for me, there are very clear moments when there's no doubt that it's God, there are others when it's very clear that it's my own ego or self-destructive tendencies that are speaking...and then there are the in-between moments when it's not clear who is speaking. What I know for me is that I've given God permission to do whatever it takes, whatever He wants to get me to listen, and I believe that He prefers to use other people to get His messages across to me, perhaps because He knows that that's my greatest fear and weakness, trusting other people. Again, for me and my journey, it's all about love, learning to love others and learning to allow others to love me...so it makes sense that He prefers to use people to get that particular message through to my mistrusting little brain! LOL.

One other way that He has used to really break through with vital message is through dreams. Dreams have often brought the answer I've searched for, or direction, or comfort or clear glimpses of Him and His yearning for relationship. Those are precious treasures that remain as vivid today as they were when I first dreamed them.

I still believe that God will use whatever, whomever He knows will best get through to us. I know it's Him when whatever/whomever it is breaks through my darkness and pain and brings light, comfort and evolution.

(Maya Angelou)

#189360 - 09/04/09 12:43 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

This has been posted here before...it just seems to fit this thread:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

(The above speech by Nelson Mandela was orignally written by Marianne Williamson)

(Maya Angelou)

#189365 - 09/04/09 01:36 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
And shine you do! I am certain that God speaks through others!
He has used all of you to speak to me! God, I thank you!

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved