The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#188120 - 08/11/09 09:41 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Dotsie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Dear Dotsie:

Thank you for sharing that web site, which is deeply inspirational. I particularly liked:

When the Heart Waits

“The spiritual journey is one of becoming real. Waiting can offer us the gift of authenticity. It can help us give birth to a new way of being true to ourselves. As we wait, we discover that it’s okay—really okay—not only to imagine who we truly are inside but to say who we are, welcome who we are, and even be who we are.”

-Sue Monk Kidd

#188912 - 08/26/09 02:24 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Josie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
this is a cool thread.

Dotsie what role if any dose intuition play with the voice of your god?

#188916 - 08/26/09 02:48 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
So what you're saying is, as we wait on the Lord, we discover
our true identity, or He shows us our true identity? Is woman's intuition a spirituals gift?

#188952 - 08/27/09 01:12 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
eh jabber i didn't make a statement i was askin a question and its simple this.

god talks in voice to D but would she also consider intuisuon (male or female)as the working of god.....voice or urge was what i was comparing and asking about that's all. wink

#188977 - 08/27/09 01:22 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Didn't mean to misinterpret your post. I've wondered a great
deal about the concept of God speaking to people. I've never
heard His voice, literally. But I do think He gives direction
in wisdom of thought. I question how others view this difficult
subject. That's all!

#188996 - 08/27/09 04:26 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jabber, it's new within the past five or ten years. It's taken practice, lots of sitting at the kitchen table alone with Him.

We should get Eagle in here becasue she also converses with Him.

Deeply religious? Hmmm, more like a close personal relationship. I'm not the type of person who reads the Bible and remembers everything about the people, land, time, etc. I read and recall feelings, emotions, how people were treated, etc.

celtic, intuition is different than conversing with God. Intuition is what takes place when not in prayer, at least for me. I do believe in women's intuition, but I guess even at the ver core, that too would come from God. Make sense? Clear as mud?

Josie, if you liked that, youmight want to get her book and read it. I thikn I once told Eagle about it and she's read it too. I reead it years ago with my prayer group, then took the class at the Well a couple years ago and read it again. It's a worthwhile read. Great for midlife women.

I believe if we are intentional, seek His guidance, then He reveals his plan for us. It takes work and we can get off track, but He's always there to get us right back on.

Just my beliefs.

#188999 - 08/27/09 05:12 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, are you referring to "When The Heart Waits"? I did read it, and I don't know how to adequately put into words how rich and revitalizing that book was for me. Let me start by saying that it took me months to read it, I could only read a few pages at a time, sometimes only a few words. But here's the mystery of this book for me...everytime I picked it up to start reading it again, it spoke EXACTLY to where I was at that moment. It was extraordinary. It was as if she was writing this book just for me, as my journey was progressing, because almost every single word she wrote was my story, my journey, my darkness.

When I began, I was drowning in grief, so overwhelmed with emotional pain and spiritual bereftment that I could barely function. Dotsie recommended the book, and from the front cover to the back cover and every word in-between, there was no doubt that God Himself brought this book into my life to help me crawl through my pain to the other side of this grief. It was astoundingly accurate for me. It companioned, enlightened, empowered, understood and guided me through every step of the journey. Amazing.

It won't be like that for everyone, but I was open to its message, and read it very prayerfully, always asking for the eyes to see and ears to hear what I needed to get through the pain. He answered. The book was just one more very tender reminder of just how much He truly cares.

(Maya Angelou)

#189000 - 08/27/09 05:24 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I think there's a huge difference between the terms "religious" and "spiritual". For me, the word "religious" denotes adherance and conformity to the canons, rules and norms of a particular church or religious institution. While I enjoy and yearn for community worship and the joys that come from journeying together within a community of believers, I'm at a point right now where the rules and expectations and obligations of the institutional "religion" stifle me and don't fit me anymore. Someday they will, but for now, it's okay that I just "be still and know that He is God". It's/He's enough for me right now, in the space and frame of mind I'm in these days.

So I can't say I'm religious, but I am in deeper personal relationship with God than ever before...somewhere in my journey through the grief and pain of the past few years, I met Him in a whole new way, He touched me in unmistakeably tender caring ways, and now our relationship is so much richer and satisfying than ever before. I don't talk about it as much as I might like to because I think it weirds people out...partly because I see and read the scriptures in a whole new light and it's far more loving, tender and empowering than any of my religious contexts ever allowed for. He's simply the core and vitality of all that I am now...and when I'm open to all possibilities where He's concerned, the possibilities are endless and bright - and it really, truly is all about love.

(Maya Angelou)

#189001 - 08/27/09 05:36 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Eagle Heart]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Ditto, EagleH, religion and spirituality have become interchangable for most. They are two different concepts. You can have both, you can have either, or you can have neither --- except that not having a religion can be a virtual religion, in itself.

Originally Posted By: eagleheart
open to its message, and read it very prayerfully, always asking for the eyes to see and ears to hear what I needed to get through the pain. He answered.
THE key... I've had messages, and they have been as good as someone speaking. It's not an external audible, but it certainly can be 'heard,' vividly in fact, as if it were from an external source.
Sorry, my screen is popping around, again. This may come out all crazy sounding and all... maybe I need to post in segments. Anyone else having this problem?

#189005 - 08/27/09 06:18 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dotsie
... more like a close personal relationship.
Well said... exactly what it's all about. Open the door for HIM... he'll come in! and what comfort HE brings!

...intuition is different than conversing with God. Intuition is what takes place when not in prayer.... women's intuition, ...that too would come from God.
Again, very well stated. Intuition is a sense, which equates to a gift from God, just like our other senses. Hearing God's voice is beyond ourselves (as in body and the mechanics of it, whether physical, emotional, or otherwise). It is SUPERnatural, tapping into the MASTER sense of the all knowing, all caring, all powerful, "I AM THAT I AM".. (popular English translation of Ex 3:14)

I believe if we are intentional, [and] seek His guidance, then He reveals his plan for us. It takes work and we can get off track, but He's always there to get us right back on.
So true, and so good!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved