The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#188773 - 08/24/09 07:29 PM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: Sue W. Silverman]
Mountain Ash Offline

Secrets and Lies
The film encompasses race.. the British class system... morality.Real diversity stuff.
have the tissues ready

#188779 - 08/24/09 08:57 PM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Here's a link to learn more about the movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secrets_&_Lies_(film)

#188786 - 08/24/09 11:51 PM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: Dotsie]
Sue W. Silverman Offline

Thanks!! I really want to see it. It looks fascinating!

#188828 - 08/25/09 04:12 PM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: Sue W. Silverman]
LTWayfaringWords Offline

Loc: Missouri, recently moved from ...
Hi, Sue, Dotsie, and others. I just read all this month's posts and found them fascinating. For a few years I've been teaching a memoir class based on Deut. 4:9 (my paraphrase)"Always remember -- and never forget -- what you've seen God do for you. And be sure to tell your children and grandchildren!" Tomorrow is the first day of this fall's class so reading all those posts about memoir really got me jazzed! Thank you! Linda Thomas

#188859 - 08/25/09 07:52 PM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: LTWayfaringWords]
Sue W. Silverman Offline

Hi, Linda,
I'm delighted that you read the posts and found them helpful! And that's great to learn about your memoir class. I find that fascinating--basing a class on quotes like that. It must be very helpful for the students, to be able to work off something like that. Terrific idea! Good luck with the new class! Sue

#189166 - 09/01/09 12:51 AM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: Sue W. Silverman]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hello Sue,

I wanted to tell you how much of a pleasure I have had talking with you and reading your book.

I really hope to meet you one day! Vermont is one of the States on my list to go and explore one day! You have inspired me more than you can know. I cannot wait to read your other books and I hope to see the movie, but I want to read the book first!

Thank you so much for all your time and encouragement.

Of course, when I see Red Shoes, I will think of you my dear!

Love and Cheers,
Cathi

#189167 - 09/01/09 02:02 AM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Sue W. Silverman Offline

Hi, Cathi,
I was just going to check in here to say "bye" (temporarily) to folks--and here you are!! Great to hear from you again.

Thank you, and everyone, for all your great questions and comments. I am truly appreciative of your support, too. I've had a wonderful time this month. It's been a lot of fun checking in here to see who is around!

I wish all of you the very best with your writing! If you want to get ahold of me any time, you can find my email and contact information on my website, at www.suewilliamsilverman.com. Lynn is the only one I've met in person, but I hope one day to meet others in person, too.

And a big THANK YOU to Dotsie. You do such an amazing job of taking care of all us Boomers. This has been a lovely month. Thank you, again, everyone.
love,
Sue

#189214 - 09/01/09 06:19 PM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: Sue W. Silverman]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I also want to thank you Sue for a wonderful informative month. smile

Poet and essayist

#189218 - 09/01/09 07:43 PM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hear! Hear! I second that thank you. Sue is a fount of info and she generously gives to others her time and knowledge. We feel very fortunate to have her not only as a member of the NABBW, but as a friend. God's speed, Sue!

#189243 - 09/02/09 11:31 AM Re: Welcome Sue Silverman: Memoir Writing Expert [Re: jawjaw]
Sue W. Silverman Offline

Thanks so much, Meredith and Queen JJ!! I really appreciate your lovely words of support! This website for Boomer Women is such a wonderful place to gather! Sue

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved