The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#186704 - 07/18/09 03:04 AM Dancing Dolphin
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Kathy asks I send her best to everyone. She is fine but rather busy with many things at home and they all take time when added together. She says she has been thinking of us and said to send a hello! She will pop in when things slow down somewhat, but shes fine and doing great and thats all that really matters after all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#186717 - 07/18/09 12:27 PM Re: Dancing Dolphin [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Glad to hear it. I think of her often. I have a friend whose son just entered the Army and it's made me think about her Sean entering not too long ago.

I often wonder how her friend's boss is doing; the one who lost his whole family in a plane crash. It was so tragic.

#186740 - 07/18/09 04:36 PM Re: Dancing Dolphin [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Okay, quick update time. Chatty called last night to check on me, so the least I can do is pop in and say hi to everyone.

Sean has been discharged from the army (after 2 years, no deployment) for stress fractures in both hips. His final days are coming in early September and he's not quite sure where he wants to land - he's thinking somewhere other than our home state, and possibly use his GI bill for college while he works part time.

Ryan was in the Army Delayed Entry Program and was supposed to ship to training on July 1. About 10 days before that, he changed his mind. He has now enrolled in college, which will start in mid-August.

Dan is still working, which is great in this economy. My web biz has slowed, so I am working other angles and job opportunities. Luke (our fat beagle) is still following me around all day and is currently snoring at my feet.

I hope you all are well. I haven't spent any time in here lately at all, so I'm not sure what's up with you all. Take care!!

#186768 - 07/19/09 12:21 PM Re: Dancing Dolphin [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks for the update, Kathy. I thought of you more than once, while in Ireland.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#186789 - 07/19/09 02:25 PM Re: Dancing Dolphin [Re: Anno]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Kathy,
I'm glad to hear you are okay. Thanks for sharing what's happening with your family and Luke. Cute. Prayers and blessings...

#186790 - 07/19/09 02:30 PM Re: Dancing Dolphin [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Edelweiss3,
Hope you don't mind me asking and, if you do then don't answer,
but I've been wondering how you happen to be living in Germany,
as opposed to the US. Germany is beautiful; that I see. But so is the land here in America. Just curious! Inquisitive minds
need to know, you know.

Edited by jabber (07/19/09 02:31 PM)

#186799 - 07/19/09 06:35 PM Re: Dancing Dolphin [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Jabber, of course I don’t mind you asking. My life is like an open book anyway,…I’m curious myself about the ending,..haha. allright, not that curious! shocked

Never ever could I imagine not living in America. I loved New England and Boston. I loved the people, their humour, and the coast. Then I accepted a job in Muenich for 6 months. During that time I went skiing with a girlfriend, and that’s where I met my German husband. We married 3 months later. Scary…the fact that I was pregnant did help me make that decision. Lol, and I got to admit,…I was very much in love.

But now with this wise old soul in me;…I would advise anyone, considering moving out of their country, not to do it. No matter how long you live in the foreign country…your true home is where your roots are. Funny, I think the other way around, - that is, when Europeans decide to move to America is different. I wonder why that is?

The Bavarian dialect is strong and complicated. For years I couldn’t understand anyone. I felt isolated and the worst part was I couldn’t be me. That’s just not possible if you don’t master the language. Meanwhile my German is fluent, and oddly enough, people think my accent sounds Dutch.

Although this country is beautiful, it’s not my home country. Being in this forum, helps keep the life line to America alive.

#186826 - 07/20/09 01:20 PM Re: Dancing Dolphin [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Edeweiss3,
Thank you. It often crossed my mind how you ended up in Germany
to live. Now I know. That was fascinating and I appreciate you sharing the particulars. I was afraid to ask for fear of being perceived as too nosey. Glad you didn't mind. I tried to master the Italian language, way back when. Two full Italians, DIL and her mom visited me 1987. I speak little Italian. DIL is good in both languages; her mom speaks a small amount of English. Son's MIL, a beautiful lady, and enjoyed immediate connection. Love finds a way to communicate. And we had a wonderful time for 2 Augusts, when they came here and I went to Vicenza to see them. Germany looks so lovely. I truly appreciate the photos. Prayers and blessings,

#187123 - 07/25/09 12:34 AM Re: Dancing Dolphin [Re: jabber]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
EW, You know I will keep you "connected" with Boston as much as I can.

#187149 - 07/25/09 11:29 AM Re: Dancing Dolphin [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kath, thanks for the update. Just remember how you got your nick-name. For those of you who don't know, we were all in Vegas and she hit on the Dancing Dolphin machine!

Edelweiss, thanks for sharing how you landed in Germany. Your comment about not being able to be yourself due to the language barrier is something I'd never thought about before; especially with regards to staying in a foreign country. I can understand it for vacationing, but to live, is quite different.

Is your brother still thinking about moving there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved