The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#183531 - 06/02/09 02:04 PM Sue Silverman
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
During August, Sue Silverman, author of Fearless Confession: A Writer's Guide to Memoir will settle in iwht us for the month. She'll share her thoughts about writing to share you story, along with any other writing topics of which you'd like to pick her brain.

To learn more about Sue, visit her at :
www.suewilliamsilverman.com

I'm posting now so that if you are interested in reading her book ahead of time, you may! I know a couple of us already have copies.

#185334 - 06/27/09 02:19 PM Re: Sue Silverman [Re: Dotsie]
Linda Rendleman Offline

Loc: California, USA
Thank you for this resource. I am about to begin my second book. My first one is part memoirs and my second will continue. She will be a great resource and I will be sure to get her book.

What a great site this is, Dotsie. Kudos to you. I am going to recommend it to my friends.
3200 La Rotonda Drive, #512
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
www.businesswomenconnect.com
www.lindarendleman.com

#185463 - 06/29/09 09:19 PM Re: Sue Silverman [Re: Linda Rendleman]
Mary Yerkes Offline

Loc: Eastern United States
Thanks for the heads up, Dotsie. Looking forward to it!

#186025 - 07/06/09 04:09 PM Re: Sue Silverman [Re: Mary Yerkes]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Mary and Linda, what adorable pictures! One thing I enjoy about Sue's friendship is that she is so honest and down-to-earth.

What you see is what you get. That is a rare thing nowadays. I can't wait for her to join us!

#186054 - 07/06/09 09:15 PM Re: Sue Silverman [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Two more pretty ladies join our cyber family. How nice!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#186055 - 07/06/09 09:19 PM Re: Sue Silverman [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read the book and she is by far, the queen of memoir writing. She did a fantastic job with this book. I can't wait to chat with her about it. I highlighted so many sections.

Does everyone know about the writing contest we're doing with her? If not, please see the Important Announcement section of www.nabbw.com.

#186559 - 07/16/09 02:32 AM Re: Sue Silverman [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
We are going to learn so much from Sue! I just finished the book (for the first time, I plan on a second time) and here is my ***** review:
Sue William Silverman was my role model for memoir because she had dared to write about issues usually silenced in our society. (see) Then, I had the pleasure of meeting her at Vermont College of Fine Arts, post-graduate writer’s conference, where she was faculty/advisor. She taught the group metaphor, voice, and technique, and encouraged expression from the writer within each individual. Sue urged us toward Fearless Confessions, an apt title for the Writer’s Guide to Memoir. Despite my notes from the conference, and hand-outs from Sue, I wished I had a “go-to” guide at my fingertips. Sue has made such a guide available in Fearless Confessions.

The book contains chapters that have writing exercises and inserts with tips. Sue also arranged for appropriate articles by other authors, which exemplify what Sue is conveying in the body of the chapter. Sue generously offers examples of her own. I was especially moved by her revealing essay The Pat Boone Fan Club. That is what a memoirist does: revealing life matter that one thinks is individual, yet the emotions are universal. Some confessional memoirs put into words what others are thinking, but are afraid to say aloud. Sue dares us to dig deep and write down, such as with an exercise that asks the reader to “Write a short paragraph about a secret you’ve never told anyone, except maybe a therapist.”

Sue explains the craft of writing, and elements such as “the voice of innocence” and “the voice of experience” She leads us to websites, books, marketing opportunities, and publishing options. (note of disclosure: Sue used my essay From Process to Product: Using Print-on-Demand to Publish in Appendix two).

I eagerly awaited Fearless Confessions because I wanted to hold Sue Silverman’s knowledge and ability in the palm of my hand. Sue packs more in 237 pages than I ever expected. If you want to write a memoir, let Sue’s “go-to” guide you to write it right.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved