The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#181490 - 05/05/09 02:32 PM Boomerangs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read a great article in the Sun paper about kids moving back home - especially this years college grads. Unfortunately, the job market is causing young 20 somethings to go back home to Mom and Dad. Do you have any heading back home?

Here's an article I wrote to prepare all those involved:

http://nabbw.com/display_associate.php?associate_id=43&column_id=568

#181500 - 05/05/09 03:19 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: Dotsie]
Madelaine Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
both of my sons have left and come back, one did it twice. He might be back again this very year, as he is withdrawing from grad school and losing the lease on his rental all at the same time this spring. He has to make the huge leap of finding a place to live AND a job in a short period of time and he's never been a fast mover; so I'm fully expecting to see him show up at our door so to speak.

#181725 - 05/07/09 09:02 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: Madelaine]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thank God they have parents that will open their doors again after the kids have left the nest. I would take in my son and his whole family if need be. Sometimes its necessary to lend a hand.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#181764 - 05/08/09 01:28 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Madelaine, I think there's a lot of that going on these days. The economy sure isn't helping.

Our oldest moved home after college, got a job, saved money, bought a home and moved out. Phew, the money saving thing worked. He pretty much banked everything while he was here.

Our daughter made it through two and a half years on campus, but landed home last semester. She's now going to school part time and working part time until she feels motivated tof igure out what she wants to be when she grows up. It think 21 is young to make that decision.

chatty, I feel the same way. How is your son doing, byt the way? Are they getting on their feet since the fire?

#181811 - 05/08/09 09:38 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My Grandson and his wife have already found a nice new home using their insurance money and have been settled in it now about a month. The outer scars have healed pretty well but the inner scars will take longer.

#182015 - 05/12/09 03:20 AM Re: Boomerangs [Re: chatty lady]
Plains Woman Offline

Loc: Iowa
My husband and I are empty nesters and I absolutely love it. My husband is so laid back we could have 1/2 the county move in and he'd be fine with it. It takes alot to ruffle his feathers.

Both kids have moved back home a time or two but now at 29 and 36 they know unless they lose their jobs, or some such disaster moving home is no longer an option.

Our son and his family live right across the road from us. It works wonderfully well for all of us and it's the exact right distance from each other. We get to see our grandchildren all the time, they have a babysitter right close by and yet we're totally in and on our own places.

Our daughter is in San Francisco which is way too far away as far as I'm concerned but she's happy so what more can I ask for!

#182187 - 05/14/09 06:18 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: Plains Woman]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, I beleive it. I lost a friend to a house fire when I was in my 20s. Just this week I asked my son living in Brooklyn, NY about the smoke detectors in his home. It never goes away.

Plains, what fun to have you son and his family across the street. We also have one who's out of town, but loving life so it's worth it.

#185834 - 07/04/09 06:34 AM Re: Boomerangs [Re: Dotsie]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Dots ~ I just read your Midlife Dreaming (probably didn't get that title right though) and it was great! I feel the same, it wasn't until we gave God control over our lives that we really saw a difference and a direction. You explained it well, as always. I led a bible study this last part of the year and I am sure that I got more out of it than anyone and for that I am truly grateful. I'm gearing up for another, probably on simple prayer, because I think some people miss it, that it doesn't need to be complicated, so I'm looking forward to that. And I'm embracing what gifts I think God has given me... so it's all very interesting, all very motivating at this point in my life.

Love you,

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#185901 - 07/04/09 11:52 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: DreamrKate]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You sound likie one of the lucky ones Kate. Great! Hopefully others will learn and grow happy too.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved