The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#184697 - 06/20/09 12:43 AM 144 thousand
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
well i can never rember if its 144 thousand or hundred.

but hope most of you know the notision, that its a small number who have erned the right to live in heven either heer or in heven when it ggets like that.

who would qualify how could we judge?, some heroic selfless act? a quite unflashie life lived not bragging about how spiritual one is? Meditasion prayer, no belife in god but a good lived life, having a life focused on god

I doubt i would make it, i do not live a bad life, i try my hardest and i am even sucessfull at times lol Its not false modisty but i not near the top of the top in this charts and i am happie to live with that. without a doubt its a strange way to be thinking at this time of night but its been a toughtfull night and i know my place.

well i was just wonderring if anyone would nominate themselfs in the spiritual scale and weer they place themself?
Who would you nominate apart from yourself and why?

id probably start with my granmother on my nmums side, iv spoken about her before. She was a beliver and a chrsistion but never allways at a service she just lived a genuinly humble life and was good and compasionate women. Long term practical spirituality with no expectasion of reward gets me everytime.I miss that in this generasion and i might be misguided but i think it was a lot more prevalient in the last generasion. In this most know of spirituality but it gets manipulated, i think.

anyway over too you

#184722 - 06/20/09 10:05 AM Re: 144 thousand [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
The Book of Revelation is the most difficult to understand and the numerology it contains, amongst other things, is only symbolic. So, it's not a body count. It must be read along with other commentaries and references. The interpretation thereof would depend greatly on faith denominations and individual purposes i.e. secular and/or ecclesiastic.

What must be borne in mind is that God wants all of us to end our spiritual journeys in Heaven. Who goes to Heaven or not is God's initiative and not ours. He sits as sole judge at the time of death, regardless of how holy (or not) one's life is lived. And, it is only when we die, would we perhaps come to realise whether the degree of perfection of the Beatific Vision has been granted to us. Saying all that, it would definitely help to be good smile

Can I nominate souls to heaven? I don't know. It almost sounds like knowing people's hearts. But, I can surely commend souls to God's infinite love and mercy...including mine and its imperfections.

#184751 - 06/20/09 05:39 PM arc for people [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

I'm not sure we can know peoples harts lola, kinda a self defeating question i asked. But we can judge the actions (mostlie acuritlie) and how they behave when they do them, full of pride or something yucky or full of love.

144 isn't a good title but i din't know what to put.

heers what happ[end i watched a movie (the day ther earth stood still) and was intrigued as it went on that perhaps humans weren't gonna be saved, because of our ways warmongering, self destructiveness' etc.

(that's not the films ending by the way lol)

it got me thinking true for some people but not for other people. If we had to ark up people on what characteristics would grant them access the into ark. scientist doctors etc be thi9r because of their usefulness to humanity but apart from usefulness what else and how else would we chose, would it be for spiritual reasons, or non spiritual life's but good productive faire lives....

would we chose people who are from all races cultures because everyone should be represented. would that go as far as discriminated mental or physicaly unwell.

if it was all to be gone who and what would you chose to start to rebuild all over again.

how would you chose who goes into an arc, who would you nominate? perhaps that's more the type of question i would/should have ask. would all disability be excluded, would some be included, what types of numbers would we need to have before we could happen include disabled people that couldn't have kids etc or disabiitie not effecting how the humane race propagated.

I said or was thinking good hunters and protectors are solders but licklier to start wars in futures, (is that a right assumption) we'd need some people to give some spiritual hope and some religious hope.

what would you chose and is thir someone who you would chose.

#184753 - 06/20/09 05:51 PM Re: arc for people [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

lol would we have a mass big brother house of contestants and vote the best ones in and worst ones out

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved